5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 19 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    That is fantastic news, can't wait to try it out!
    You shoudn't have to wait. Click settings on the main FG screen, and when the window pops up at the bottom look for section updates, then switch from Live to Test, and you will get the test version. but remember to backup your games before you load them, and when the host is using test version, all the clients will also.

Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    You shoudn't have to wait. Click settings on the main FG screen, and when the window pops up at the bottom look for section updates, then switch from Live to Test, and you will get the test version. but remember to backup your games before you load them, and when the host is using test version, all the clients will also.
    It's almost every day I learn something new with FG *laughs*. Thank you shadzar, I'll go give it a try, after backing up, at my next game.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

I'll go give it a try, after backing up, at my next game.
    I'd be careful, if I were you - its not called the TEST channel for nothing.

But if you are going to do it, then all your Players should probably be on the same version as well - we know that when the GM and Players are on different version "bad things" can happen.

Just so you know, I (as one of the Community Devs) *never* run any of my games on the Test Channel - sure, I work in it to develop and update Rulesets and Extensions, but I *always* change back down to the Prod version to run my games - just my $0.02 worth, take it or leave it as you like.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    I'd be careful, if I were you - its not called the TEST channel for nothing.

But if you are going to do it, then all your Players should probably be on the same version as well - we know that when the GM and Players are on different version "bad things" can happen.

Just so you know, I (as one of the Community Devs) *never* run any of my games on the Test Channel - sure, I work in it to develop and update Rulesets and Extensions, but I *always* change back down to the Prod version to run my games - just my $0.02 worth, take it or leave it as you like.
    You make some valued points, and it does seem like you're speaking from experience, you may be right. It's only 3-4 weeks until the 3.3.7 gets pushed to the live version anyways. I'll do some testing locally in the meantime, I'm sure we can hold on for that long *laughs* until the memory improvements.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Not running your “production” games from dev or test channel should be common sense imo
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Not running your “production” games from dev or test channel should be common sense imo
    Well in some case the cons may outweight the costs, which this might have done.
    And it's not like it's a commercial product, it's only a game shared between friends, so different rules apply.
    In which us as a group, that keep on working together to improve things, could try out the beta with an easy switch, then switch back if we decided it presented issues. Hardly a disaster if it crashed a few times on us and the original game backups would always be there to revert to.
    Besides a beta that is only 3-4 weeks from being pushed out should be more or less stable.

Hardly a disaster if it crashed a few times on us and the original game backups would always be there to revert to.
    The problem is when the dev/test is having a major change in CoreRPG ruleset that breaks all nested ones It will completely prevent you from playing. But we are on the same page here - if you know what you are doing and what kind of issues you can encounter - why not.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    3.3.7 is pretty light on changes that will break child rulesets.
    Your players will see some console errors on load about some of the image handler changes but otherwise it should work fine - at least as far as I have seen.

Backing up your campaign regularly is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    console errors on load about some of the image handler changes
    does this affect reference manuals, or just campaigns and themes?

Blog Entries
    I had some error messages on a 3.3.6 client connecting to me
    and I was unable to view newly shared images when I connected to a 3.3.6 GM

i did downgrade for the game in the end

Thread Information