Starfinder Playlist
Page 17 of 19 First ... 71516171819 Last
    I don't think they should release the software if it isn't ready. Also, the beta access was a perk to the Kickstarter crowd, so beta is locked down for that.

I would like to request a definite pay structure for upgrading/time window to buy old license but all in on the unity release. I've been curious about FG for a long time, but now have to wait a few more months so I feel I get my money's worth out of it (I'm a buy it for life kind of person). I'm tempted to pay for Premium for a month or two so I can play some Pathfinder 2E with some friends, but it seems somewhat wasteful knowing a lifetime license could be around the corner.

Fg is a great platform. As a Dm and a player the real issue is LFG. That is the one huge thing that roll20 has over FG. I wouldn't think it would cost too much resources to invest in a similar tool.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dlaselle View Post
    Fg is a great platform. As a Dm and a player the real issue is LFG. That is the one huge thing that roll20 has over FG. I wouldn't think it would cost too much resources to invest in a similar tool.
    I don't think its about cost. I think its about available resources and lack of an agreed upon LFG model. Though you mention Roll20's LFG platform, many Roll20 veterans think it's method for LFG leads to a poor player/group environment. So, finding when SmiteWorks has the resources to revamp the current LFP platform, they may first need to define what that platform should look like and do.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I don't think its about cost. I think its about available resources and lack of an agreed upon LFG model. Though you mention Roll20's LFG platform, many Roll20 veterans think it's method for LFG leads to a poor player/group environment. So, finding when SmiteWorks has the resources to revamp the current LFP platform, they may first need to define what that platform should look like and do.
    The LFG tool just gets people interested in your game. You still have have to talk to them, get to know them, and make a decision on if you want them in your party. I never just invite someone to a game that I never talked to before. That is asking for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rewstyr View Post
    One option, though I am not necessarily suggesting it, is to release a test version to people actually interested and able to test/play with a non-release version. I know I would do this even if there were bugs and such.
    If only they had provided an option during the FGU kickstarter to allow people to participate in the alpha version before it is released to the rest of the backers when it reaches beta release. Hope you didn't miss it
    Last edited by deer_buster; October 9th, 2019 at 19:41.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyNugget View Post
    I would like to request a definite pay structure for upgrading/time window to buy old license but all in on the unity release. I've been curious about FG for a long time, but now have to wait a few more months so I feel I get my money's worth out of it (I'm a buy it for life kind of person). I'm tempted to pay for Premium for a month or two so I can play some Pathfinder 2E with some friends, but it seems somewhat wasteful knowing a lifetime license could be around the corner.

No reason to wait, you can be a player for free with the demo version. Lots of GMs post Looking for Players for their games (either on the forums, discord, reddit, or other platforms), so if you want a taste now, start tasting. Try checking out Fantasy Grounds College...they have demo games, classes on how to get the most out of your experience (player and GMs), etc. Also, FG Con is soon
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dlaselle View Post
    The LFG tool just gets people interested in your game. You still have have to talk to them, get to know them, and make a decision on if you want them in your party. I never just invite someone to a game that I never talked to before. That is asking for failure.
    Unless you are posting a pay for play, GMs typically get pretty good response rates on the LFP channels on the official FG discord...
    aka Laendra

Blog Entries
    Let's move LFG discussions to a more appropriate thread, like this one; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...138#post456138

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyNugget View Post
    I don't think they should release the software if it isn't ready. Also, the beta access was a perk to the Kickstarter crowd, so beta is locked down for that.
    I totally agree.

As someone currently using Roll20, am considering FG, but am about to start a new campaign, is stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    I want to move to FG but if so I need to do that now or within the next week.
    So Either I buy the ultimate version now, and in a week or 2 months I need to pay for the upgrade to unity.

Or I opt to continue roll20 where if so I am looking at starting and buying a new campaign, which probably will last 6-8 months.

That said the extra money is not a problem for me, Im more after dynamic lightning and the network hub, as I feel the current port forwarding and sharing of FG right now seems just, well quite honestly, its back to the 80s, compared to Roll20 where everything is online on servers run by Roll20.
    Why does not the devs have their own servers? I understand its an economical questions but frankly, 2-3 racks with a total of maybe 15 servers, a monthly cost of not too much, will be enough for probably the entire FG community.
    Then again I have no idea of the financials of the dev team.

Back on topic though, I would not mind buying a test version thats not complete, and then get a free upgrade once done.
    It will either be bought this week or possible never, but I really would like to give FG a shot, as I feel it might give a new spark for our DnD sessions.

We have a player group going on 25-30 years, and will use the platform for atleast 10-15 years. after that we all have alzheimers and dont play anymore. Ok maybe in 25 years but hey. We are all friends since childhood and simply through the years continued to dive into our sessions even though we live in different countries across the globe, the discovery of Virtual tabletops a few years ago was fantastic.

After 3 years on Roll20 things have happened within our group so that we either stick to Roll20 or move to a new platform, hence my new and current interest in FG, and trying to learn all about it.
    The bad timing though of Unity being released so soon but not soon enough, is bothering me.
    Last edited by Gissur; October 16th, 2019 at 04:48.

Thread Information