FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 19 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    Having just recently (between modules, books and the ultimate license) spent over $200 on FG - and after having spent many hours playing around with it, FGC classes, and several hours watching various videos on how to use FG -- I'm finally just starting to feel comfortable enough to take the plunge and DM a module. With that all considered, while I know no one would force me to upgrade to FGU --- let's be honest....everyone wants to support the latest and greatest product of just about anything. Especially in this setting -- as a DM once FGU is out , you probably want to take full advantage of FGU features and therefore be able to tell your players "I support FGU" or whatever.

I'm cool with it taking more time --- let's me feel like I get more value of my money I just spent before its like "oh now you have to pay us X$ to upgrade to FGU"....

That and the whole release it when its ready not before thing...I rather wait 9 months (or whatever) for a polished product, rather than it being out in 3 months and its simply not ready for prime time.
    Last edited by Mytherus; December 17th, 2018 at 02:15.

Nope, release it when they are ready. Not a moment before. Furthermore they should give no indication whatsoever when they expect to release it, until it is fully ready to release. Gamers are not very forgiving for moving deadlines, so... dont create one. Say nothing about the release, until you are fully ready to release it.

New Customers may want to know when to expect the FGU

Quote Originally Posted by DwightLee View Post
    Nope, release it when they are ready. Not a moment before. Furthermore they should give no indication whatsoever when they expect to release it, until it is fully ready to release. Gamers are not very forgiving for moving deadlines, so... dont create one. Say nothing about the release, until you are fully ready to release it.
    As a new comer to FG, I would like to know the expected date of release for the FGU update. Also would like to know the cost if I just wait until it is released versus buying existing version and then paying for the FGU update. Will the costs be relative? etc..

Welcome to the forums and FG Community M3TAL! There is no release date announced, They have talked about the cost being a sliding scale for a minimal or no cost for users that just purchased the license, to full cost for long time users like myself. They have stated that there should be no cost for any DLC to change over.

If you have a sub there will be no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by M3TAL View Post
    As a new comer to FG, I would like to know the expected date of release for the FGU update. Also would like to know the cost if I just wait until it is released versus buying existing version and then paying for the FGU update. Will the costs be relative? etc..
    I would like to be the king of all Londinium and wear a shiny hat!

Quote Originally Posted by M3TAL View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums.

See the FGU FAQ here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...unds-Unity-FAQ

Buy Fantasy Grounds for what it is now. If you want to use Fantasy Grounds now, then buy it now - don't wait for FGU to come out because that is unknown and you could be missing out on many months of great online gaming with the current version of Fantasy Grounds. See the FAQ linked above for other information.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 17th, 2018 at 17:46.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Keep the discussion civil and on topic everyone please.

Just because regular community members have heard the same questions and discussions about this over and over and over, newcomers won't necessarily be aware and it's valid for them to ask questions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You shall go to the Ball!!!

Wow....Everyone Look At Me....I'm Funny. Not enough attention for you today DwightLee.

Trenloe,

Thanks for the welcoming..I had seen some videos that implied that the release would be soon. That is the reason for my questions. Thanks for the link. I will check it out.
    I know this is not the proper thread but, Is there actual game modules/campaign that may be purchased that are already set up to work with FG. My daughter is wanting to DM a group for the first time and was hoping to cut out a lot of the leg work.
    Last edited by M3TAL; December 17th, 2018 at 19:11.

Thread Information