STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Wonderdraft, for overworld maps

So like many here, I've used Inkarnate to make some nice RPG maps to show to my players. I really liked the hand drawn style, but it was limited in how large the maps could be. Even as a 'Pro' subscriber there was a hard size limit to how large your maps could get.

Enter Wonderdraft, which I got a heads up about over in the Dungeon Fog channel (a really great battle map tool). Wonderdraft can do everything Inkarnate can do, and can do large maps up to 8162px in size. They may even scale higher as it's a native app, and not limited by memory from a browser sandbox like Inkarnate does.

It has these nifty features for raising and lowering a land mass as each map isn't simply a canvas, but a topography as well where you can lower/raise sea level to sink portions your map and watch water fill in the gaps. Opposite of this, you can raise islands out of the ocean with a really organic feel.

Here's the developer first showing a nicely done map before quickly whipping up a new map that looks quite plattable in only 5 minutes! Finally, I can do regional maps quickly or prototype world maps my experimenting with their generator. And this is only in the alpha which you can pick up if you wish to support it. Pay once, get infinite maps, no subscriptions!

https://www.reddit.com/r/wonderdraft...ixing_website/

Also for incarnate users... believable coast lines due to built in map topography!
    Last edited by Ken L; October 2nd, 2018 at 04:27.

Wow, all I can say. Instant buy early access.

Does it do dungeons though?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That is DOPE! Bought. Thanks for the tip, Ken!
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

For those who picked it up (20 bucks is cheap for infinite maps imho, no subscription!)

This was made by a member on reddit whom only spent only a few hours

And yes, I'm fanboi-ing it up on here because as a GM, Overworld maps are the single hardest thing to get right... this tool makes it easy to generate, modify, or simply raise the land out of the sea itself like hawaii. Inkarnate is great, but Sculpting the shores and the map took so much effort, this makes it near effortless to get a nice visual aesthetic.

Here's my own after about 20 minutes of minimal effort.

Note that the text tool is a bit buggy for the alpha, if you need to edit your text, select another tool then re-select the text tool and edit your text asset.
    Last edited by Ken L; October 2nd, 2018 at 02:42.

That is a surprisingly powerful tool for just $20. My only complaint is that there doesn't appear to be any way to make the ocean actually blue. Though the pastel map style is blueish, and you can color the coast and rivers blue. That is a nitpick however. Overall, quite good. Thank you for the heads up!

Looks very tempting Ken L, however from what I can see, it looks like it randomly generates landmasses. Is there a tool where you can control the shape of the landmass?

Wow, this is interesting. And it is not online product demanding subscription. Will put this on my lists of thing I follow
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    That is a surprisingly powerful tool for just $20. My only complaint is that there doesn't appear to be any way to make the ocean actually blue. Though the pastel map style is blueish, and you can color the coast and rivers blue. That is a nitpick however. Overall, quite good. Thank you for the heads up!
    You can change the color of the water by going to the water tool and then going to properties. to change the hue/saturation/value (HSV).

https://giant.gfycat.com/AdmirableGo...lacklemur.webm
    Last edited by Ken L; October 2nd, 2018 at 11:34.

Thread Information