Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Kobold Press "Tales of the Old Margreve"

Hi Folks,
    In the Kobold Press Kickstarter, they are also selling a FG conversion. I'm assuming that this wouldn't be vaporware as there is a lot of Kobold Press content in the stores but before signing up for that level, I just wanted to double check. If anyone can give me any insight on this, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Interestingly enough, there's a comment at the bottom about the roll20 content, but not Fantasy Grounds: "On the digital side, please note that Roll20® is not responsible for the completion, quality, or timely delivery of this content; it will deliver the associated reward only if and when all digital materials are provided in a timely manner."

I don't know who is doing the FG conversion. I'm sure one of the usual suspects will come along soon and let you know...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I did see that Trenloe. It does also say under the PDFs (which aren't being sold with this): "The VTT packages for the Old Margreve will be extensive and include everything provided in the print edition—plus the flexibility and speed of online play. We're partnering directly with Roll20 and Fantasy Gournds, two of the leading VTT companies, to make these digital versions complete and powerful." It then goes on to disclaim Roll20 but not FG which I thought was a little odd. Ahhh well, hopefully someone comes along and indicates what is what with this...

Blog Entries
    We have not yet assigned this one out, but we've done numerous Kobold Press products in the past. Creature Codex should release next week. Once we get the files from Kobold Press, we will begin conversion of it. We may not be able to hit the same timeline as the physical release, but we will get it done as soon as we can. I did Tome of Beasts, Rob2E did Creature Codex, Zacchaeus did Book of Lairs and Trevor Armstrong did another one. There are around 8 or so done to date. Zacchaeus and I are both slammed at the moment with Wotc products but depending on timing, we shouldn't have any problem getting someone on it right away.

Good to know and thanks Doug! I kind of figured this was the case with Kobold Press and it being on the up and up and now I can go purchase that level!! One other (somewhat unrelated) question, I believe I heard that Frog God Games Rappan Athuk was being converted to FG. Any update on that?

My Margreve Mod file arrived the other day.

I loaded both the adventure and players mods without trouble

however the devil is in the details as evidenced from the thread over at R20

We won't be starting the campaign for a few months however

So if anyone is running this one and finds some tweaks please let us/them know. Once we get her up and running I'll do the same
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Blog Entries
    What are the highlights from the R20 thread? We don't really look on other company threads for information about products.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    What are the highlights from the R20 thread? We don't really look on other company threads for information about products.
    There are some issues here, https://bit.ly/2Z7qPFY

for example

Alseid Race Darkvision not added

Piney Race Speed is not added to the sheet

numerous other oversights

but I wouldn't expect the same kind of issue to pop up at FG, then again you never know right ?

We should be starting it around the beginning of September.

If we find anything obviously we will post something about it
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it would be too difficult to decipher what are Roll20 issues in conversion/implementation from errata issues that needed to be changed in the source material for Tales of Old Margreve. If you see any Errata from Kobold Press, we would want to look at those. Similarly, if there are any conversion or implementation issues in our translation to Fantasy Grounds, then you can post them for us to review.

A quick question about Margreve maps...

KP has Tales of the Old Margreve Map Pack (28 JPGs for VTT) for sale on their site. Does anyone know if these are the same as the ones included in the FG mod?

Thread Information