FG Spreadshirt Swag

Issues with Creating a Player's Handbook Library Module

Hey Fam,

Base Question: Can you combine external library modules (created with 4e Parser v. 2017_0407) into a single stand-alone module w/o needing the previous multiple modules?

Reasons and Details

I'm wanting to use my existing material of 4e books to play online. I downloaded the software and the parser, used my existing DDI Subscription to create the modules, categorized by sections (races, powers, skills, etc.) and now I am wanting to merge those files into a single module that can act as a Player's Handbook that I can share with players without giving them superfluous information. I want only the PHB's infomation available to the players. Whenever I create a new module using the parser, the information inside FG is read only and it's not marked in the properties tab of the file either. Is there anyway to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Voldran View Post
    Whenever I create a new module using the parser, the information inside FG is read only and it's not marked in the properties tab of the file either. Is there anyway to do this?
    Is it every single type of record that is read only? Or just some specific types. Looking at the last time I parsed a 4E PHB module (admittedly 3 years ago), all of the records can be edited except mundane armor, weapons and items. Magic items can be unlocked and edited. Classes, races, backgrounds, powers, etc., etc. can all be unlocked and edited.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

All of them are locked and marked as read only. When I try to double-click and unlock them, it won't unlock them.

You can do this easily IF you saved the .txt file(s) the parser created when downloading from DDI. (The ones named similar to "powers 9409 entries <date>.txt")

If so, in the directory with the parser, copy "All Valid Sources.txt" to "Valid Sources.txt" and remove all the lines except the one that says "Player's Handbook"

In the parser, use "Method 1" and add the .txt file(s). Then select "Parse Files & Create Module"

Only entries with a source of "Player's Handbook" will be included in the module.

Thread Information