DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Choose Class

Choose Class

Hello everyone,

downloades Fantasygrounds Demo and parsed some 4e books. They seem alrigt, can browse through them etc. But when i try to create a PC i can`t choose a class or a race. Am i doing something wrong or is ther no option to do so?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forums!

There is no drag/drop of class or race in the 4E ruleset - because Fantasy Grounds could not provide with such data, as there has never been an agreement with WotC to provide any product support for D&D 4E, and there was no OGL/SRD for 4E either. The community created parser is a very handy tool to get data into FG, but there is not any code in FG to parse and race or class records at all.

So, you just enter the name of your class or race, and follow the usual steps to setup these manually.

If you haven't checked them already, these links might be useful for further 4E info:
    - Some further info on the 4E PC sheet here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...haracter_Sheet
    - You may find the 4E videos found here useful: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the quick answer.

I was confused because the parser did grab class infos. If i read correctly the character import toll doesn't like chars made with the offline tool?

Thx for the links, right now watching the tutorials of mathew corville.

Quote Originally Posted by Terenor View Post
    I was confused because the parser did grab class infos. If i read correctly the character import toll doesn't like chars made with the offline tool?
    You can't directly import into FG using the normal FG character import functionality - as this is for FG native XML only.

But the last I heard you could still use the FG Character Converter. Run CharacterConverter.exe from your <FG app data>\utilities directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I use the offline Char Tool (CB Loader) and the Fantasy Ground Converter was not able to convert the test char i created.

I use the offline Char Tool (CB Loader) and the Fantasy Ground Converter was not able to convert the test char i created.
    Is CB Loader compatible with the DDI online character builder? Because the FG character converter only converts fully compatible DDI files.

Its based on on the ddi builder but you can use it offline. It has more content in it. think thats causing the issues

Its based on on the ddi builder but you can use it offline. It has more content in it. think thats causing the issues
    Not necessarily, I had similar problems. In the Fantasy Grounds Character Converter there are checkable Output Options
    [] Use local xslt for file conversion (if available).
    [] Use modules from the module manager to look up data.

Try checking and/or unchecking these, some combination should work. I don't exactly understand what they do, but I've done this on different computers and it seems you need different boxes checked to make it work.

Note: That only gives you the entries for the character, so it will "say" what the character has. To make it function properly in Fantasy Grounds, it needs a bit of fiddling. Still, the Character Converter it is a good place to start and saves a bit of time.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Hey Llyle thank you for your answer.

Sadly nothing worked so far. i created s simple dwarf fighter in cbloader. Only material fomr Player Handbook one to keep it simple. In the converter i chose that file and checked the local xslt file conversion. I tried to set up modules, but i can only choose different rulesets (3.5e pathfinder etc). Error is alwasy the same, pointing towards line 3096 a "+" is not rigth an something about a hex Number.

Hey Llyle thank you for your answer.

Sadly nothing worked so far. I created s simple dwarf fighter in cbloader. Only material from Player Handbook one to keep it simple. In the converter I chose that file and checked the local xslt file conversion. I tried to set up modules, but I can only choose different rulesets (3.5e pathfinder etc). Error is alwasy the same, pointing towards line 3096 a "+" is not right and something about a hex Number.
    Sounds to me like a version of the offline CB that is not up to date. I could as well be wrong though.
    The old offline Character builder was stopped being supported by WotC when they created the online one, so people had to have subscriptions to use it. A lot of content and stuff was published for 4e later, so people took it upon themselves to update the offline version. Where did you get your version/ are you sure it's the latest one?
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Thread Information