FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

I know Ancestral Surge spell on page 204 increases your spell rolls and spell DCs by +1. But the only things I see in the way of reducing spell DCs are really conditions which I am sure you will already be adding into the ruleset when the time comes. One such condition is Stupefied on page 324 of the rulebook "Your thoughts and instincts are clouded. Stupefied always includes a value. You take a conditional penalty equal to the value on spell rolls; spell DCs; and Intelligence-, Wisdom-, and Charisma-based checks. Anytime you attempt to cast a spell while stupefied, the spell is disrupted unless you succeed at a spell roll against the DC of the effect that gave you the stupefied condition."

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    I know Ancestral Surge spell on page 204 increases your spell rolls and spell DCs by +1. But the only things I see in the way of reducing spell DCs are really conditions which I am sure you will already be adding into the ruleset when the time comes. One such condition is Stupefied on page 324 of the rulebook "Your thoughts and instincts are clouded. Stupefied always includes a value. You take a conditional penalty equal to the value on spell rolls; spell DCs; and Intelligence-, Wisdom-, and Charisma-based checks. Anytime you attempt to cast a spell while stupefied, the spell is disrupted unless you succeed at a spell roll against the DC of the effect that gave you the stupefied condition."
    Thanks!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

No problem Trenloe. It does seem a bit complex in fact I didn't even know the Bards Inspire Courage and the barbarians rage didnt stack. Seems clunky to me but it seems the link Datalore posted and the information he brought up really makes sense. I like the whole bane and boon thing maybe it will be something similar like buffs and debuffs.

Starting to add details of NPC stablock parsing to the Wiki: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...RPG2_NPC_Sheet

Note - I'm updating this as I go along, so it might sometimes be 1 week ahead of the current ruleset release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I've started work on the underlying effects subsystem in the Pathfinder Playtest (PFRGP2) ruleset.

I've copied the current 3.5E/Pathfinder effects Wiki page and I'm updating as I go along. Things updated/changed are marked with ++ in the Wiki page.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...PFRPG2_Effects

At this point, the main things are:
    1) Bonus/penalty types: circumstance, conditional, item and no entry for untyped. If FG doesn't find any of these three types (or there's no type) in the effect modifier entry, then the effect won't be applied.
    2) Modifiers don't stack - except untyped modifiers. In theory the ruleset shouldn't allow untyped bonuses - but I've left it there for now, as I think this might have a big effect on people already playing. There's no limit on the level of each bonus type - even though the rules specify a limit (e.g. conditional modifiers range from -4 to +4).
    3) PERS (Persistent damage) has been added. PERS behaves like DMGO (which remains for backwards compatibility) - with both of these effects applying the damage at the end of the actors turn as per the RAW. Currently there is no automated roll to remove persistent damage - there will be at some point, please handle it manually for now.
    4) WEAK (Weaknesses) has been added. Note - any exceptions should now be parsed correctly.
    5) Poison, mental, area and splash added to damage types.
    6) Other effects work as per the wiki.

And... a new, experimental change. I've testing this, but I'm sure there will be some edge case issues that I'll need to iron out...

Saving throws now have additional parameters - allowing "+1 conditional save vs fear" and similar effects.

How do these work? There are 2 areas - the effect itself and the cast action that triggers the save.

Pathfinder 2 makes use of traits to indicate certain aspects of an action, a spell, etc.. So, it is these traits that are used to look for saving throw effects that apply only to certain types of save. Fg adds these traits in 3 ways:
    1. The magic tradition (arcane, divine, occult or primal) that is selected for the spell/power class where the spell resides. There is a new "tradition" button in the spell class header used to set this.
    2. The traits from the spell that the save action is attached to - click the link icon to edit the spell details in the spell class.
    3. A custom "Extra traits" field (similar to damage type for damage actions) is added to the Save section of the cast action.

All of these three areas are combined to create the traits list for the saving throw action. And are listed in the saving throw details in the chat window.

During a saving throw, SAVE effects are parsed now for 4 parameters (#2 - 4 are comma separated, no comma after the bonus/penalty number):
    1. SAVE effect bonus/penalty number
    2. Saving throw type (Fortitude, Reflex or Will - or all if not present).
    3. Bonus type (circumstance, conditional and item)
    4. A trait that this effect applies to.

The usual rules (bonus stacking, etc.) should apply as mentioned above.
    Wow thank you, Trenloe Just out of curiosity: In Pathfinder 1 and 3.5e one also often has such boni like "+2 on Saves against Enchantment". Do you think that your development will maybe be patched to the other rulesets as well by the developers? Or may this be too difficult? Thanks
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 17th, 2018 at 12:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Wow thank you, Trenloe Just out of curiosity: In Pathfinder 1 and 3.5e one also often has such boni like "+2 on Saves against Enchantment". Do you think that your development will maybe be patched to the other rulesets as well by the developers? Or may this be too hard? Thanks
    Maybe... I need to clean it up a bit, but I did have that in the back of my mind and have made changes in the same structure as 3.5E/PF. It's something Moon Wizard and I can discuss in the future when he is less involved with the FGU development.

The biggest issue is actually assigning what the save is against. Especially for PC saves, as most GMs will just as their players to "make a reflex save" and the players do the roll themselves - as most players like it this way, they don't like the dice rolling for them automatically. At present, the PFRGP2 save vs. trait functionality is only possible if the saves are triggered automatically - so the players don't roll. I have some ideas in mind - I don't want to go all the way to a dice-rolling-dialog window popping up, like as in the interesting "request roll" extension (I can see some people would be OK with that, but others wouldn't). But I'm thinking of maybe pushing data to the player clients with details along the lines of "next save rolled has XX, YY, ZZ traits" - and those traits would be applied to the next save rolled by the player. I'd design a little interface for the GM and Players to review the trait data, set/reset, etc.. And maybe extend this to other types of rolls if there's a need.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Maybe... I need to clean it up a bit, but I did have that in the back of my mind and have made changes in the same structure as 3.5E/PF. It's something Moon Wizard and I can discuss in the future when he is less involved with the FGU development.

The biggest issue is actually assigning what the save is against. Especially for PC saves, as most GMs will just as their players to "make a reflex save" and the players do the roll themselves - as most players like it this way, they don't like the dice rolling for them automatically. At present, the PFRGP2 save vs. trait functionality is only possible if the saves are triggered automatically - so the players don't roll. I have some ideas in mind - I don't want to go all the way to a dice-rolling-dialog window popping up, like as in the interesting "request roll" extension (I can see some people would be OK with that, but others wouldn't). But I'm thinking of maybe pushing data to the player clients with details along the lines of "next save rolled has XX, YY, ZZ traits" - and those traits would be applied to the next save rolled by the player. I'd design a little interface for the GM and Players to review the trait data, set/reset, etc.. And maybe extend this to other types of rolls if there's a need.
    Thanks for your fast answer Sounds very cool and I understand you and the issue that most players want to roll their saves on their own. Then good luck and much success with that Your work will surely be appreciated a lot

Sounds like an option setting....
    Trenloe, I just cannot complement you enough on the fine work you have done here.

Do you have plans to put the Athletics check into the Actions for things like Grapple?
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thread Information