DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Do you have plans to put the Athletics check into the Actions for things like Grapple?
    Yes, but this is a way off yet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Speaking of effects whats the difference in weapon properties and traits. So if I want to bypass a creatures resistance and it only is effected by magical items is it magic or magical and would it go into the properties or traits of the weapon. Also, do I add magic to the weapons damage area or will Fantasy Grounds know that the damage is from a magical weapon? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Speaking of effects whats the difference in weapon properties and traits. So if I want to bypass a creatures resistance and it only is effected by magical items is it magic or magical and would it go into the properties or traits of the weapon. Also, do I add magic to the weapons damage area or will Fantasy Grounds know that the damage is from a magical weapon? Thanks in advance for the clarification.
    For PCs: traits in weapons are only used currently to check for things like expert, master, legendary (when first added to the PC inventory), and additional damage dice on a critical (deadly and fatal). For PC damage, it relies on the damage type being set to magic or magical or spell to count the damage as magic/magical for immune, weakness and resistances. This is done when a weapon is added to the PC's inventory that has a "bonus" value above 0.

Basically, for PCs - check that the damage types for the damage roll include "magic" if the damage is magical. Once the weapon is on the PC sheet, damage types won't be added during a damage roll, except from the DMGTYPE effect.

For NPCs it does look at the traits of the attack (in brackets after the attack string) and will add the "magic" damage type to damage rolled for that attack if a trait of "magic" or "magical" is found in the attack traits.

Hope that answers your question?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes it does answer my questions. Thank you Trenloe!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Yes it does answer my questions. Thank you Trenloe!
    Correction (highlighted in bold):

For PCs: traits in weapons are only used currently to check for things like expert, master, legendary (when first added to the PC inventory), and additional damage dice on a critical (deadly and fatal). For PC damage, it relies on the damage type being set to magic or magical or spell to count the damage as magic/magical for immune, weakness and resistances. This is done when a weapon is added to the PC's inventory that has a "bonus" value above 0.

Basically, for PCs - check that the damage types for the damage roll include "magic" if the damage is magical. Once the weapon is on the PC sheet, damage types won't be added during a damage roll, except from the DMGTYPE effect.

For NPCs it does look at the traits of the attack (in brackets after the attack string) and will add the "magic" damage type to damage rolled for that attack if a trait of "magic" or "magical" is found in the attack traits - this is currently in the dev version to be released next week. In the current live release it checks for weapon names that begin with a "+" for example: +1 longsword.

Hope that answers your question?

Wow, Trenloe! Had to take some time off as my wife battles with biopsies and weekly treatments, but the changes in the last few weeks are mind-blowingly awesome!

We got out and made some new characters last night to start doing some more playtesting and did run into one small status effect problem. DMG: 1 did not work with damage output spells.

So a quick example was our Cleric. They chose Healer's Blessing and Undead's Bane for cantrips (amongst some others).

For Healer's Blessing, we gave him an affect to toggle of (Self, Action) HEAL: 2 which works great! Well, except that this bonus is supposed to work on each die roll of a heal. I am not sure how difficult adding a bonus per die toggle would be, but we can just add additional buttons when it's working on a 2nd die, etc.

However, for Undead's Bane, we added to the Heal spell the damage button: 1d8+WIS positive. We then added a button to Undead Bane that was (Self, Single) DMG: 1 which does not work when clicking the blooddrop button for damage on the spell. It does still add damage to things like weapons, etc., but the damage action on the spell list does not activate that effect marker. If our cleric of Sarenrae used his scimitar on an attack while that was still flagged, the +1 damage effect does still work with weapon attacks.

A minor thing compared to all the amazing updates we missed out on, but thought you should know (as it's hopefully a minor fix!).
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Wow, Trenloe! Had to take some time off as my wife battles with biopsies and weekly treatments, but the changes in the last few weeks are mind-blowingly awesome!
    Thanks so much for the nice feedback!

And sorry to hear about what your wife is going through - I hope she gets better soon.

For Healer's Blessing, we gave him an affect to toggle of (Self, Action) HEAL: 2 which works great! Well, except that this bonus is supposed to work on each die roll of a heal. I am not sure how difficult adding a bonus per die toggle would be, but we can just add additional buttons when it's working on a 2nd die, etc.
    Yeah, this one is an interesting one. I'll look into the possibility of adding code to apply to every heal dice. I the meantime, the workaround would be to manually adjust the heal actions for that PC.

However, for Undead's Bane, we added to the Heal spell the damage button: 1d8+WIS positive. We then added a button to Undead Bane that was (Self, Single) DMG: 1 which does not work when clicking the blooddrop button for damage on the spell. It does still add damage to things like weapons, etc., but the damage action on the spell list does not activate that effect marker. If our cleric of Sarenrae used his scimitar on an attack while that was still flagged, the +1 damage effect does still work with weapon attacks.
    Good catch. It's actually more than just DMG: 1 - no DMG effect will apply if the damage is rolled from a damage action from a spell class in the actions tab.

This introduces a (currently) undocumented effect in the base 3.5E/PF ruleset - DMGS - damage applied to damage rolled from a damage action in a spell class on the actions tab. With DMG being applied to damage rolled from elsewhere. This is a problem (and an issue in the current 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset too). The code should read the "Spell Dmg?" field in the damage action edit window and set the action as spell damage only if that field is set to Yes.

EDIT: There's also another undocumented effect - DMGSTYPE. The same as DMGTYPE but only applies to damage tagged as "Spell Dmg?" = Yes.

Thanks for finding this one! I've logged it as #1.051 in the bug tracker. I've found the issue and successfully tested a fix. It'll be in the next release.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 9th, 2018 at 19:16.

Okay, so I was in FG toying around with characters we hope to play tonight and decided I would see if I could address the Shield Reaction (Hardness) damage reduction from both physical shields and things like the Shield Cantrip. Not seeing anything in the PFRPG2 Effects that look suitable, I decided to see if RESIST would work.

Ran into a couple of things there. First the least unusual: if I set someone to RESIST: 4 and then hit them with a sword... it ignored the resist entirely. If I hit them with the sword after changing it to RESIST: 4 slashing, that would work perfectly. It does not appear that RESIST all as an effect works - it has to have the type. I tried it with numerous damage type, even removed the damage type and had it as an untyped damage, and the RESIST: 4 didn't work.

Then I noticed something odd when I was toying around with the RESIST field testing against a fire spell, trying to figure out how resist worked. The only toggle that seems to be working is ALL. One Action (ACTN), One Roll (ROLL), Apply Each Once (SNGL) did not work when it was added to character's effects on the combat tracker. They'd still expire, but they'd have no affect. The weird thing is that things like the AC: 1 circumstance bonus worked regardless of the toggle. I didn't check all different effects, but I checked with AC: 1 and ATK: 1, both seemed to work with the different application type toggles on the effect.

Here's an image of using RESIST: 4 fire using different action toggles:
    RESIST.jpg

Not sure what to make of it, but something wonky is going on in there.

As always, thanks for all the hard work!

PS: Any thoughts on how to get an easy use of a Shield's Hardness to reduce damage when someone applies the reaction?
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thread Information