5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    @shadzar, we never claim that you can test everything that FG can do with a free demo license. We describe the product the way we think makes the most sense and we offer a 30-day money back guarantee. If a customer wants to test beyond a demo, then they can grab a 1 month sub to test it fully and then request a refund if it doesn't satisfy their needs. If you think that is somehow disingenuous then we will just have to agree to strongly disagree.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    you can't have your cake and eat it too. ...
    Dude... you need some of what I've been smoking this morning.

If FG is such a load of crap in your opinion you might have a better time frequenting other forums dedicated to something you do like. Unless trying to stir up non-existent "issues" and then getting a chuckle out of watching other people have to take time out of their day to correct your blatant misrepresentations is your thing (which, it kind of does appear to be...).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Between Apathy and Confusion - I don't understand nor do I care.
    Shadzar:
    You get a 30 day money back guarantee with no questions asked.
    You have 30 days to demo it until your heart is content to determine whether it is right for you or not.

I am new here and have no stake in the game, but that's far better than most software packages.
    As an example, I just kicked down 225 dollars for Campaign Cartographer 3+ with a bunch of additions.
    They have a 14 day money back guarantee and no one is over there bitching they aren't free.

I am just now getting in to Virtual Table Top and electronic maps.
    It's so much easier then drawing on a mat.

My ONLY hesitancy in jumping in to FG right now is I am not quite sure that I need it.
    All of my players are in front of me around a TV that I cast battle maps too.
    I don't know what FG actually gets me in terms of functionality that I don't have.
    I had a free account in Roll20 that I never used, although, that was before I got a TV to cast maps on to.
    Last edited by WESeib; September 28th, 2018 at 17:09.

Quote Originally Posted by WESeib View Post
    This is what I do all the time - see the various photos throughout this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-To-Face-games You might find that extension useful too.

I don't know what FG actually gets me in terms of functionality that I don't have.
    I started with using FG in face-to-face games purely for displaying maps (and revealing the mask as the players explored). Then, for game systems were I have some content, I started using the combat tracker to track initiative and NPC hit points, and also make a lot of the attack and damage rolls from the NPC sheets.

I have a lot of minis and I love fidly bts on my maps - so I just use FG for the map, mask and some basic pointers to show area of effect, light radius and similar. But I know many people who use tokens for NPCs (and minis for PCs) or go all the way and use tokens for all creatures on the map.

You can go even further than this - track PC data, XP, treasure, and lots more - expand as you feel the need.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Dude... you need some of what I've been smoking this morning.
    ...).
    UH...LOL. Funyuns and Cheetos for everybody!
    I am a Slow Processor, who soaks in the data, thinks, stares, tries to make sense of what I am seeing, hoping for a breakthrough. All around are snappier brains, busy being dazzling, but not mine, which just plods on until it finally sees something special, hiding in plain view.

Blog Entries
    My ONLY hesitancy in jumping in to FG right now is I am not quite sure that I need it.
    I had a free account in Roll20 that I never used, although, that was before I got a TV to cast maps on to.
    It depends a bit on the ruleset and game you plan to use. For D&D (and many others)...

A few things to take a peek at
    1. Campaign management
    2. Party inventory management
    3. Auto look distribution, including selling party loot back to vendors
    4. Party XP tracking and auto-calculation
    5. Combat Tracker - initiative, hit point tracking, effect and condition tracking, ease of reference
    6. Encounter building
    7. NPC wizard building spell setup by simply providing the Innate Spellcasting or Spellcasting trait info
    8. Ease of reference for material you have
    9. Story template usage for DM prep and story building -- or on the fly stuff like menus, NPC descriptions, village creations, etc.

That sounds damn useful, I'll have to get a bigger laptop for face to face gaming in the pub
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Between Apathy and Confusion - I don't understand nor do I care.
    Trenloe: That is an awesome plug-in that you wrote. Very cool. I just read that thread in its entirety.

ddavison: That's an impressive list. I suppose at some point my 2 notebooks, 50 sheets of loose leaf paper, and 20 notecards isn't really an effective system

I'm half tempted to get FG just so that I can make a Rolemaster character.

Funny story, it's 1994 and I am 19 years old in the Navy.
    I've been playing D&D for a couple years at this point, since High School, and loving it.

Enter a game I discovered in some little gaming store in Fresno, CA called Rolemaster.

I get all hyped up because of the crit charts in Arms & Claw Law.
    "This is bad ***!" I think to myself.
    We're going to try this!

I call a couple members in the group I'm running and pitch it.
    They are excited about it.

I kick down for the Rolemaster box set.

Fast forward to that upcoming Saturday, we try and make characters, and then that Sunday.
    We're looking around confused trying to figure it out. It's like Sunday at noon and we still haven't figured out what we are doing with it.

So, we decide we'll look at it next weekend and just play D&D with the little bit of the weekend we have left.
    To this day... I have never made a Rolemaster character despite owning all of the books. I'm 43.

Part of it is the shame of failing with my old group. In fairness, none of us had ever played a D100 system.
    It was all 1st and 2nd edition D&D. It was the only thing we had experience with.

I couldn't help but notice you have the Rolemaster Classic rules....
    With damn near automatic character generation....

Edited to Add: Just jumped; I'm in. I guess this weekend is going to be installing and watching tons of videos! Y'all have a fantastic community here based strictly on the forums posts I've scoured over during the last two days. I'm sure I'll have a thousand questions, but I solemnly swear to use the forum search feature first.
    Last edited by WESeib; September 28th, 2018 at 22:06.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    That sounds damn useful, I'll have to get a bigger laptop for face to face gaming in the pub
    Or one of these to throw it up on the wall!
    (Note, I'm not endorsing that item, just the idea.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information