STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Shameless self-serving request - Discount license fee if coming from competitor?

I am looking to upgrade to an Ultimate license and bring my campaign from a competing product/service to Fantasy Grounds. Would Smiteworks consider offering a coupon for myself and others who are looking to switch to FG as our primary VTT? :-) Please? Pretty-please? With a cherry on top?
    Last edited by romelwell; September 26th, 2018 at 19:11. Reason: punctuation
    I am a Slow Processor, who soaks in the data, thinks, stares, tries to make sense of what I am seeing, hoping for a breakthrough. All around are snappier brains, busy being dazzling, but not mine, which just plods on until it finally sees something special, hiding in plain view.

Blog Entries
    *lol* note, you can say Roll20 here. Or any other competitor, you won't be banned and your posts won't be deleted! *G*

Heck, you can even complain and criticize, we just ask that you do so civilly.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    *lol* note, you can say Roll20 here. Or any other competitor, you won't be banned and your posts won't be deleted! *G*

Heck, you can even complain and criticize, we just ask that you do so civilly.
    uh...no hablo English! ;-)

All joking aside, the support that FG has for Call of Cthulhu has keep me interested in this VTT for some time. The recent critical fumble by the brain-trust at R20 has inspired me to finally pull the trigger and jump ship. As I am not going to ask my players to both learn a new VTT and pay to do so, I'm going to assume 100% of the financial burden to switch to FG. And it would be a lot easier to beg forgiveness from my wife if the unexpected debt from our checking account was a bit lower...
    I am a Slow Processor, who soaks in the data, thinks, stares, tries to make sense of what I am seeing, hoping for a breakthrough. All around are snappier brains, busy being dazzling, but not mine, which just plods on until it finally sees something special, hiding in plain view.

Our licenses regularly go on sale on about an 8 week sales rotation, and I believe it’s been a while since the last license sale...

Cheers,
    JPG

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    FG also has the monthly subscription option before you bite the big one, and FG-Con is coming up in a few weeks, generally for a brief period all full licenses are upgraded to draw more GM's to FG-Con. It is a chance to test it on your players before a major investment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Our licenses regularly go on sale on about an 8 week sales rotation, and I believe it’s been a while since the last license sale...

Cheers,
    JPG
    Now that ^^^ is probably the best professional response possible. And it made me laugh!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I don't see how it would make business sense for FG to offer up special sales. Sure they want the increased traffic, but when would the time period be over? Would it just go on forever?

You can also subscribe for a month to check out the system and if you don't like it, you can get your money back.

On thinking on it though, it might be good to do the periodic sale for the ultimate and standard license soon to capture the disenfranchised market.

The sale usually lasts about 1-2 weeks, so I assume the same would apply here. The limited time sales tactic is an effective and useful method to trigger a purchase on an on the fence prospective client.
    Last edited by Atua; September 27th, 2018 at 00:03. Reason: Adding more context

Just a clarification for those unused to the business model. FG has subscriptions $4 & $10, AND a pay once model. The purchase once model is better for the customer, where as the subscription is better for the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Just a clarification for those unused to the business model. FG has subscriptions $4 & $10, AND a pay once model. The purchase once model is better for the customer, where as the subscription is better for the company.
    I'm not sure that's entirely true. It gives the customers an option to try out FG for a month or two without committing to the larger up-front cost, and with only a minor increase to the overall cost. And if you consider the customers being a group, and not just the gamesmaster, one month of ultimate subscription verses 5 or 6 people buying standard licenses "blind" it seems a good option for customers too.

Thread Information