DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Spell Module Issue D&D

Greetings,

The first question is if there a module out in the interwebs anywhere that has all the D&D spells available? I noticed only some of the Player's Handbook spells are in the Ruleset.

The second question is, I would like to create my own module for unique spells/powers I've made. How do I add a new Spell Index or modify the current Spell Index to add my own cusom spells?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I think I may have found the answer to my 2nd question. There is a checkbox to turn on the spells tab.

Blog Entries
    No there is no one resource that contains ALL 5E spells. Simple because WotC has not created any such product and to create one and distribute it would be a violation of copyright.

If you only have some of the spells from the PHB, that is because you have loaded either the Basic Rules or the SRD, and not loaded the PHB. The Basic Rules and the SRD are included free, the PHB is not.

Check the manual / Wiki/ and videos for details on creating custom spells.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You can create spells within fantasy Grounds from the spells button. Click the small brown edit button at the bottom right and then add item. You will then have a blank spell dialog which you can fill in. You won't be able to integrate your spells into the spell index however since you won't be able to access the PHB files needed to do that. To create an index of spells such as is found in the PHB will require you to finesse the exported xml file after you have created the spells. Stuff exported from FG uses a numbered id tag whereas the spells in the PHB and elsewhere use the name of the spell. You'd need to change all of the numbered tags to the name of the spells you created. And then you would need to add some code to the Library part of the xml file to create the list.

One thing you can do within FG is to add the class of spellcaster into the 'Source' box of the spell dialog. This will enable the player to filter the spells by class and level.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information