STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyjoos View Post
    I should have said identified not shared. Currently all items are identified and I have to set them to unidentified every time I share them.
    He is saying the items are identified, an I wasn't sure which items he was talking about, mundane items from the PHB? DMG? the adventure module?

Blog Entries
    Yeah everything outside of Magic Items from the DMG (And some Adventure Modules)will show identified. You can now also have your NPC's in your encounters show up unidentified, which is nice. Especially if you change their token, it keeps your players that have the MM memorized from being tempted to meta the monsters and their abilities/weaknesses.

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

After a no-sleep night, I've found how to "force" objects to be "unidentified"

You need to edit the XML of the module and change the category of the XML node <item> to:

<category name="D&#38;D Dungeon Master's Guide" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">

In this way when you send items to the Party Sheet, something behind force the item to be unidentified.

This worked for me because I'm creating my own module, I don't know if you can do it for an "encrypted" module.

Why don't you just click the "identified" icon to make it unidentified before you export the module? That's all I do...

I've created a module for cyberpunk drugs through a script...I've hundreds of items...clicking on all can be frustrating...but in case of few objects that's a nice catch sir!

Or you can add a tag to each item record:
    <isidentified type="number">0</isidentified>

This allows you to specify identification state of a module item record explicitly.

Regards,
    JPG

Is there any chance that a default toggle (indentified/unidentified) could be added to the options menu? I'd much rather accidently share something I don't need to keep secret in an unidentified state, than share something that should be secret having forgotten to turn ID off (and yes, I likely will forget, D'oh! )

Cheers, Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Is there any chance that a default toggle (indentified/unidentified) could be added to the options menu? I'd much rather accidently share something I don't need to keep secret in an unidentified state, than share something that should be secret having forgotten to turn ID off (and yes, I likely will forget, D'oh! )

Cheers, Simon
    The reason things are now done the way they are now was in part to remove the toggle that existed in options to show or hide the identification of items, so I am fairly confident that such a thing won’t go back in. There is no solution to this that will please everyone.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi,

Cheers for replying, it's appreciated, and really I'm not trying to be argumentative, but surely (Don't call me Shirley! ) having an option to toggle default behaviour (identified/unidentified/as per object) is the definition of pleasing everyone?

Out of curiosity what was the reasoning behind removing the previous toggle? It can't be about complexity as we all know working in FG is so rewarding because of it's options and relative complexity?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi,
    Out of curiosity what was the reasoning behind removing the previous toggle? It can't be about complexity as we all know working in FG is so rewarding because of it's options and relative complexity?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post399582
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information