FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Dice Total color change

Extension to change the dice total color in the chat window. I wanted the dice total to be red so it really stands out. Normal size or larger size option.

(Added a few other colors for those that do not like red. But just change the color in the extension to whatever you want.)

large_red_example.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by valeros; September 22nd, 2018 at 20:48.

Too late now, but is there an easier way to do this (change the color of the dice total in the chat window)? Or is there another post that I missed that already had an equivalent extension or instructions on how to do it easier?

Blog Entries
    Looks like the simplest way to me.
    The only suggestion I have is that you have specified a fgddile and a ttf - you only need one or the other.
    Also if you include the ttf statement you also have to include the font that you specified.

Good info about font, thanks.
    For the font I had copied directly from "graphics_fonts.xml" and just changed the color. I didn't actually know the rules.
    Thanks again, damned.

The inclusion of TTF info in the font XML is for future FGU readiness. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post402573 and in the rest of that thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The inclusion of TTF info in the font XML is for future FGU readiness. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post402573 and in the rest of that thread.
    But wont work if the font is not included.

Is it possible to make this pull from the Player color? Like the color players choose for their dice? This color is also used when that player draws lines on the map etc

Is it possible to make this pull from the Player color? Like the color players choose for their dice? This color is also used when that player draws lines on the map etc
    I like that idea, but sorry, I personally have no idea how it could be done. It seems to me that the dice and dice total fonts (and color) are fixed at startup. To me, doing this seems to require
    either:
    1) A font could be changed at runtime, or
    2) A font for the dice and dice total could be passed into the code that puts the dice roll in the chat.
    (And even then, the font either has to be changeable or be able to be built at runtime to match the player color.)

From what I can see neither of those is possible based on the existing documentation. Somebody much smarter than me would have to chime in on whether it is even possible.

Seems to be using the first number rolled when you have ADV or DIS not the highest/lowest?

Do we know if this will be updated in a future update of FGU? I'm part colorblind and white text on that background is almost impossible for me to see. It would be nice to be able to change the chat box text color and dice roll colors. Devs?

Thread Information