STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 18 First ... 678910 ... Last

Thread: Engineer Suite

Great work, Maasq - very easy to use and even fun!

Minor point: when using the Name option (to just use the first name of the NPC), it uses lower case, rather than title case, in the description window (for traits, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    Great work, Maasq - very easy to use and even fun!

Minor point: when using the Name option (to just use the first name of the NPC), it uses lower case, rather than title case, in the description window (for traits, for example).
    Excellent! I am glad you are enjoying it.

The issue you found is the result of being too close to the project I had made an assumption that if someone had a proper name they'd also be unique, so only tested for the 'unique' property when judging whether a name should be capitalised. I have changed it so that it also checks for the 'proper name' property and capitalises appropriately. This will go out in the next update, and that should be soon.

Good spot!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Hi folks.

Yet more additions to Engineer Suite. Links have been changed slightly - not the information in the patch notes below. Table Engineer now imports directly from a CSV file if cutting and pasting doesn't float your trireme Categories have been enabled throughout. Other fixes.

NPC Engineer now outputs Fight Club XML for those of you that would find that useful. It replaces the woefully outdated XML export feature that hadn't been updated along with NPC Engineer itself. This routine was written and graciously offered to me by Discord channel member Zamrod, so if you find it useful then he's the one that deserves your love. (If it doesn't work, he gets the hate mail though!)

Thank you all for keeping me enthused with your feedback.
    As ever, download from the website (link in sig) and come chat to me on Discord.

Maasq

v0.5.40
    Engineer Suite
    ==============
    NEW: A new GUI element at the bottom of each screen allows you to set a category for the NPC/Spell/Table/Equipment etc. The default for this is the module name & for many purposes this will be fine. If you want to sort objects by chapter or the like, this is where you'd change that. It cannot be left blank (it'll default to the module name). You don't need to update all your previously saved work as the parser inserts the module name for blank entries. This felt like a big change and an important change so I hope it proves useful to everyone!
    NEW: Tooltip system written for Suite.
    FIXED: Some diagnostics had been left switched on. Sorted.
    FIXED: Links were causing problems, meaning I had to rewrite the link code. Big job, necessary job. However this means any links you have in projects or saved files may no longer work. I would advise recreating the link. At the very least you know what to do if the link stops parsing properly!

NPC Engineer
    ============
    NEW: 'Categories' GUI element.
    NEW: 'Manage NPCs' button on button bar.
    FIXED: Categories weren't displaying properly when an NPC was autoloaded at boot. Fixed.
    FIXED: Names weren't being properly capitalised under certain circumstances. They are now!

Spell Engineer
    ==============
    NEW: 'Manage Spells' button on button bar.
    NEW: Tooltips added for all GUI elements.
    FIXED: Menu item for importing text was pointing to the wrong subroutine and causing a crash. Sorted.
    FIXED: Categories weren't displaying properly when a spell was autoloaded at boot. Fixed.

Table Engineer
    ==============
    NEW: 'Manage Tables' button on button bar.
    NEW: Tooltips added for all GUI elements.
    NEW: Load item on startup option enabled. This can be set from the 'Options' box (F11).
    NEW: Import from CSV file.
    FIXED: A boot problem where the default table wasn't displaying correctly in some instances was sorted.
    FIXED: Categories weren't displaying properly when a table was autoloaded at boot. Fixed.

Equipment Engineer
    ==================
    NEW: 'Manage Equipment Items' button on button bar.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Equipment Engineer lives!

Hi folks

I've released a new version today amidst my hacking drama - it keeps my mind off the huge amount of money that is not yet back in my bank account!

I have revamped Equipment Engineer and it is now running at about 60% functionality for mundane items - magic items will be added once I have everything nailed down.
    Item Engineer.jpg
    Item creation, loading and saving are all enabled, and the viewport shows you your data. You can also import from and export to the NPC weapon list (a pair of features I like a lot even though they don't do too much that is exciting - it just seems sneaky )
    Still to come: parsing to FG and importing.

Other ideas:
    • See all equipment in the current project as a 'Player's Handbook' style list of tables.
    • Save equipment lists to allow sharing between users.
    • Load equipment lists.
    • Build kits.
    • Build packs.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

How about my GUI? I know it gets busy in the weapons section, but I can't see a way of simplifying. Any suggestions welcomed. Praise is too as I am shallow and maybe even venal

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Is it possible to go in reverse with this application? Take an NPC FG module and convert it to PDF?

Also, seemingly, at least for me, that the download site is currently down. Is it just me?
    Last edited by Ceazor; August 29th, 2019 at 09:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceazor View Post
    Seemingly, at least for me, that the download site is currently down. Is it just me?
    Seems it was my office firewall as your site is flagged unsecure. I got the application on my home PC

Blog Entries
    Is it possible to go in reverse with this application? Take an NPC FG module and convert it to PDF?

Also, seemingly, at least for me, that the download site is currently down. Is it just me?
    There is already an application that does this for not locked content (i.e. to prevent creation of a PDF of official content). https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...racter-sheets)
    Note that if you use it for product creation their are some licensing restrictions with it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    There is already an application that does this for not locked content (i.e. to prevent creation of a PDF of official content). https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...racter-sheets)
    Note that if you use it for product creation their are some licensing restrictions with it.
    Thanks.. but I can't get that to run on my Win 10..compatibility issues

Actually both apps.. The Engineer Suite and the FGPrint tool are given me the same issue.
    Last edited by Ceazor; August 30th, 2019 at 06:00.

Blog Entries
    Thanks.. but I can't get that to run on my Win 10..compatibility issues

Actually both apps.. The Engineer Suite and the FGPrint tool are given me the same issue.
    Check your security settings. Both are "unsigned" and some security doesn't like those since they don't have traceability.

I think Doug mentioned in the other thread he uses the print tool on Win 10 and something specific to check. Not sure what. Do you get any errors? If not, can you try running them from a command prompt and let us know what it shows?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Capture.JPG
    I get the same error for both.

I have tried a bunch of setting changes, developer mode, compatibility modes. No luck.

Can these both be run locally, off the grid as it were?

Thread Information