5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 18 First ... 3456715 ... Last

Thread: Engineer Suite

Hey Maasq, loving your software. Just a heads up, not game crashing!

When i get into add or edit NPC actions, i input in the Weapon field: "Horsechopper (Small Halberd)"

It shows fine in the preview below: "Horsechopper (Small Halberd). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d8 + 1) slashing damage."

But when it gets to the resultant output to FG it looks like this: "Horsechopper (Small Halberd. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d8 + 1) slashing damage."

You will note it seems to be dropping the closing parenthesis at the end of the word Halberd. It does this pretty regularly with most items where I have something in parenthesis. It seems like it would be an easy fix, a wayward or missing ")" somewhere in the code to the output, I'd imagine (with my limited programming skills).

Thanks for the cool utility! Its saved me hours of work.

Hiya!
    I'll go look at this. I had issues with close parentheses at one point and was swapping them out. I thought I had dealt with the issue but clearly not! I'll fix it asap. Good catch!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

New release today.

This deals with the parenthesis issue mentioned above, the developer dialog that shouldn't have been showing and an issue with asterisks.

Grab the application here: https://www.masq.net/2017/11/npc-eng...formation.html
    Read about the changes: https://www.masq.net/2017/11/new-version-changes.html

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

I have been looking over the instructions and I have some questions. I have extensive monster info in xml format. Is there a way to import xml? the FG xml doesn't work, I guess they are using proprietary tags. I also have monsters in JSON files. No way to bring in that file?

I own Tome of Beasts and Creature Codex. I was playing around with importing using the PDF & Web Source. It works pretty amazing! I was practicing on the Aboleth, Nihileth. In the book there is a section for Regional Effects but in the toolset there is not a tab or table to put this in? I believe Dragons and other high powered creatures have this listing as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ii4...ew?usp=sharing

To see the output. Color me impressed.
    The next question is is it worth my time to save $80 or just buy the dang thing in FG store :P
    Last edited by treefallingquietly; December 28th, 2018 at 02:37.

Hiya

Thank you for using and enjoying ES

Firstly, the Regional Effects just go in to the 'Description'. There's no function for them in Fantasy Grounds and none of the official monsters such as dragons have them anywhere other than the 'Other' tab (ie the description). Here's the ES window and an inset of a Black Dragon in FG:
    regional effects.jpg

XML import is tricky, as XML tags can be defined in any way the program writer wishes. I'd need to write a specific routine for your files. The same is true for json files. Hop onto Discord and let's chat - I might be able to do something.

As to the final question.... I'm biassed

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Hi folks!

First new release in quite a while. This is small update to fix some bugs and add minor tweaks. I enjoyed my afternoon working on it though, so it has given me impetus to do something again. The whole holiday period was a wipeout for a variety of reasons, so it is nice to be back. Come and chat to me on Discord

Grab the application here: https://www.masq.net/2017/11/npc-eng...formation.html
    Read about the changes: https://www.masq.net/2017/11/new-version-changes.html

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

I am running into issues with this whenever I copy and paste large amounts of text into the Description editor. For example, I'm copying all of the text from an Adult Black Dragon. When I do this NPC Engineer locks up and becomes unresponsive. Is this due to the amount of text, or possible from the options at the bottom?

Additionally, I have noticed that when I choose to load a project, it doesn't actually register. I end up having to click save, then save over the existing ini file a second time to get it to load. Is this normal?

Also, does NPC Engineer support tables in the description? I'm trying to do this the way the xml files are created, by using very basic HTML code. This appears in the view on the right but doesn't properly show up in fantasy grounds. It shows just as it does below.

The attached image shows the Monster Manual Black Dragon with a table, while the other shows my results.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tielc; January 25th, 2019 at 15:46.

Hi there

Sorry I missed this before now. Firstly, I have no issues here pasting a large quantity of text into the description box. In fact, I just did it with the Dragon text you mentioned without issue. It has never been reported as a problem either (up to now). Memory issues on your PC? I'd doubt it, as even a decent chunk of text is minimal in its memory footprint, but worth mentioning. Possible artefacts from the PDF you are copying from, or the PDF reader program? Try pasting the text into Notepad++ or the like first to strip formatting characters to test this.

The 2nd issue - when you open a project, you have the option of making changes to it before progressing. Hit the 'close' button at the bottom right to progress without saving again.

3rd issue - no table support yet, I'm afraid. Sorry!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Bad news - version 0.4.44 had one (or more) bugs that was causing an issue in the creation of FG modules. I am stumped, so I have rolled back to 0.4.41 on the website. I'd urge you all to roll back to avoid unwanted behaviours (my program's; not your own behaviour!)

I'll try to add the various updates that I had made one at a time.

Deep apologies for any grief this caused people.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information