5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 18 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: Engineer Suite

Quote Originally Posted by KlatuB View Post
    Maasq,

I downloaded the zip version of Engineer Suite, I can load the program and get to the main menu, but when I click on either icon I get the below, also after clicking OK the program looks like it is closed but the process is still running.
    All sorted now, I hope. Let me know if it isn't.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    I didn't know such creatures existed. Is this rare? Unique? I wonder if the mighty Zacchaeus can help out here, or some of the other gurus?
    Basically, is this something I need to allow for, or is this a one off?

The way I have NPC Engineer set up this would require a lot of work to enable, although there may be ways to mitigate some of the work (right-click the skill to add further text rather than add new GUI elements). Let me hear from people how commonplace this is before I plan too much into how I am going to fix it. I will fix it, though.

Maasq
    It's the only one I know of, but Mr. Z would have a better idea.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Originally Posted by KlatuB
    Maasq,

I downloaded the zip version of Engineer Suite, I can load the program and get to the main menu, but when I click on either icon I get the below, also after clicking OK the program looks like it is closed but the process is still running.
    Originally Posted by Maasq

All sorted now, I hope. Let me know if it isn't.

Maasq
    Thanks Maasq that fixed it.

New update (v0.4.19) posted on the website. Here are the highlights:

Engineer Suite
    NEW: Added an option in 'Settings' to set the tooltip timeout to a custom value to allow more time for reading them if desired.

Spell Engineer
    NEW: The spell count for the current project is displayed in brackets in the status bar, mirroring NPCE behaviour.
    NEW: The 'Add to Project' button changes to 'Update Project' if the current spell name is already in the project, mirroring NPCE behaviour.
    UPDATED: The 'edit' button in the 'manage spells.json' dialogue now works as expected - ie. it reloads a spell from the json file to be edited anew.
    FIXED: A rogue comma was appearing at the end of the source list. Removed.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Trying this out with a Dagon https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/...Ve?dialog=true

For Hit Points, the creature should be "525 (30d20 + 210" but when I enter it from double click, the bonus is limited to 200, so I end up with "515 (30d20 + 200)".

Using v1.2.15 of NPC Engineer in the suite.

I can enter the correct text manually in the box, just not through the double click dialog.

Hiya. I'll increase the max on this right now; it'll be available when I put out the next update.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Liking your tool so far. There are some save issues that I'm encountering in that if you change some fields you have to be sure to save them at the lowest component level, and then do saves of all parent components (in order) afterwards or the changes do not propagate.

Just added two spells to my module where the NPC has as Innate Spellcasting. Updates to these entries must be made and saved, then updated in project, then select the NPC to edit, do nothing but save and update in project, then finally generate the module. Without doing it in that order, when opening the NPC in FG, those spells will show as missing references.

While on the spells, I created one for Cleric, Druid, and Wizard, and the second spell for Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard. When opening the module spell list from the Library and selecting the spells by Class, it only lists Cleric, Druid, and Sorcerer. Wizard is missing.

Also, I'd think that all module/project properties/settings were settable from the main level of Engineer Suite, instead of buried inside NPC Engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    Liking your tool so far. There are some save issues that I'm encountering in that if you change some fields you have to be sure to save them at the lowest component level, and then do saves of all parent components (in order) afterwards or the changes do not propagate.

Just added two spells to my module where the NPC has as Innate Spellcasting. Updates to these entries must be made and saved, then updated in project, then select the NPC to edit, do nothing but save and update in project, then finally generate the module. Without doing it in that order, when opening the NPC in FG, those spells will show as missing references.
    Some of this isn't true, and the rest of it isn't a 'save issue'. It is a feature of how the suite works.

Eventually, Engineer Suite will have plugins to allow the creation of all content. It is (and will be even more) quite a complex piece of software. Its methodology followed that of the famous Par5e program (no longer available) - all materials for the module are prepared, and then a parse process is done to create the final FG module - this is similar to hitting 'Render' in a 3D program that you have built a scene in.

In the case of your workflow, you added two spells via Spell Engineer. You need to hit 'Create Module' to produce the module. This is all you have to do.
    The rest of what you say isn't true. You don't need to save the spells if you don't want to, although I'd certainly advise you do. Even if you did, the two buttons are adjacent, so any time impact is minimal. The other part of what you say - opening and saving the NPCs again - is wrong. This is not necessary. The code for filling out a spell's information in an NPC's card in FG is not mine - this is code included in FG itself. If your NPC has a spell listed and this spell is defined in any open module (including the one generated by Engineer Suite), it will show up.

To reiterate - nothing in the code I have written for NPCs checks anything about Spell Engineer's output - it couldn't, as NPCE was written prior to SpE even being thought about.

I checked this myself before posting, BTW, and it is working as intended.

While on the spells, I created one for Cleric, Druid, and Wizard, and the second spell for Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard. When opening the module spell list from the Library and selecting the spells by Class, it only lists Cleric, Druid, and Sorcerer. Wizard is missing.
    This is a bug; sorry about this! Thanks for spotting it. I'll fix it and get an update out soon.

Also, I'd think that all module/project properties/settings were settable from the main level of Engineer Suite, instead of buried inside NPC Engineer.
    You'd be right Big blue button on the Suite interface.

Maasq
    Last edited by Maasq; October 13th, 2018 at 00:57.
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Can I use ES to make a UA Revised Ranger class and port it into FG? Thanks.
    ::: Shane
    ::: It's better to have loved and lost than to never have had a good pair of speakers.

Not yet. I haven't done a 'classes' component yet. Sorry!
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information