5E Character Create Playlist
Page 10 of 18 First ... 89101112 ... Last

Thread: Engineer Suite

I still cannot figure it out. I have both NPCs and Spells in the module.
    I looked at the client.xml and line 7965 was in a spell description, so I just deleted the spell and remade the module. Now I get the same error in line 7964 but can't see anything wrong with it.
    Am I looking at the wrong xml file?

Line 7964: "<p>The DM may also rule that certain traits are too intrinsic to the nature of a creature to be removed, such as the Water Form trait of a water elemental. However, if a creature has no traits you can affect with this spell, the DM will inform you before you use an action to cast the spell.</p>"

What am I missing here?

Is there a way to disable the popups when parsing imported text?
    I need to do some fixes to get things imported properly and having the popup show up for ever key press in the text edit window is enough to make me stop using it at all, extremely annoying.

I was looking at the wrong xml. Still got errors but I'm going to uninstall and re-install the program and go from there.
    I looked at the correct xml, found an error and fixed it but then got another xml error.
    I'll redo the install and rework my files and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsterhall View Post
    Is there a way to disable the popups when parsing imported text?
    I need to do some fixes to get things imported properly and having the popup show up for ever key press in the text edit window is enough to make me stop using it at all, extremely annoying.
    Hiya
    If the import is so badly messed up that you are getting popups, I'd suggest editing in Notepad++ or the like first. The warning is there because importing badly formatted text will really mess up the app. Annoying or no, it would be equally annoying to only find out about bad formatting when you tried to parse.
    However I'll look at removing the pop-ups or putting in an option to disable them.

To be fair, they were part of the earliest iteration of the app and could do with a look.

No promises on timescale I'm afraid. The code is in the middle of sorting out parsing for Equipment Engineer and I'm not releasing that half-formed!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomskull View Post
    I was looking at the wrong xml. Still got errors but I'm going to uninstall and re-install the program and go from there.
    I looked at the correct xml, found an error and fixed it but then got another xml error.
    I'll redo the install and rework my files and go from there.
    Hiya

It will be in the formatted text boxes. It might be worth getting into the habit of checking each one with 'validate XML' before you save or add it to a project.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Maasq. Love the program. Quick question is there away to add skills to the NPC Engineer. I'm Loremastering Adventures in Middle-earth 5e and their are some new skills that are not in your program

Thank you for your time and diligence LoremasterCBurke.

Hey there Loremaster!

I'm sorry to tell you that the skills are hard-baked into the system at the moment. I have plans to return to the skills section in the future but it is a big job and it won't be any time soon. Keep your eye out, though - it'll get done eventually!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Okay thank you. Love the program. Helped my DM prep in leaps and bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by LoremasterCBurke View Post
    Okay thank you. Love the program. Helped my DM prep in leaps and bounds.
    Thank you!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information