FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 17 of 18 First ... 715161718 Last

Thread: Engineer Suite

Hey! Thanx for your nice tools, just wanted to ask if its possible to add import from Giffyglyph's Monster Maker to NPC Engineer? It has export in JSON which contains all the stats.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SharedFG View Post
    Hey! Thanx for your nice tools, just wanted to ask if its possible to add import from Giffyglyph's Monster Maker to NPC Engineer? It has export in JSON which contains all the stats.
    This project is no longer active. Please see posts;
    110, 119 and 137

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by SharedFG View Post
    Hiya, and thank you. As Lord said, I haven't been working on this tool since January 2020. I don't think Engineer Suite is compatible with the current version of FGU.
    Having said that, I might quite like to play with the programming again and so *might* look at it in the summer. Work is too crazy just now to even consider trying.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

I know this thread has been dead for some time, but is there any reason that anyone knows why this suite wouldn't still be working? I'm pretty lousy with all things tech, so maybe its something I'm missing. I can get it to create the NPC stat blocks, etc, but when I go to load the module in Fantasy Grounds, FG doesn't seem to be seeing the Module at all. I can open the folder for FG on my desktop and see the Modules name and icon in with the rest of the Fantasy Grounds modules, but when I start a campaign I can't actually see the module on the list available for activation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WildKnight View Post
    I know this thread has been dead for some time, but is there any reason that anyone knows why this suite wouldn't still be working? I'm pretty lousy with all things tech, so maybe its something I'm missing. I can get it to create the NPC stat blocks, etc, but when I go to load the module in Fantasy Grounds, FG doesn't seem to be seeing the Module at all. I can open the folder for FG on my desktop and see the Modules name and icon in with the rest of the Fantasy Grounds modules, but when I start a campaign I can't actually see the module on the list available for activation.
    Not sure, other than FG has changed a lot since then. Make sure you have placed the module in the modules folder of your FG data folder. That you restart FG, and that you are in a new 5E campaign with no extensions. If that doesn't work, I would have to guess that it's just too old. Usually old modules can still be opened in current FG, but I only dabbled in this and that was years ago.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hiya. I assume it is Fantasy Grounds Unity you are using? FGC used an older version of the zip standard to pack and unpack modules. I had to keep using an older version of the language that Engineer Suite is written in to stay compatible with FGC.

FGU uses a more modern version of the zip standard and so the version used by ES isn't compatible any more.

The good news is that I am actively messing about with programming again and I should be able to make ES compile working modules again. Check back in a couple of days

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Hey folks

OK, I got the programming done a little quicker than I thought I might. I have a version that works. There are a couple of glitches but nothing game-changing. Work on backups of anything you have until I'm certain that it works fully.
    I haven't updated the web site in 4 years, so rather than mess around with that I have created a new Discord server. The install file is hosted there in the 'announcements' channel. If all you want to do is grab a version that works with FGU, that's fine. If you want to stick around and chat, that's also fine Discord link in sig.

Going forward, I plan on making some pretty big changes (and I've started implementing some of them). It turns out I love programming again. Obviously some of the changes will be forced on me by WotC's new formats, and that's fine.

My main drive is to simplify my own life as a DM. If I make anything useful for others, that's grand. I know that FGU has a lot more functionality for importing stuff so there may be no use-case for Engineer Suite beyond my own

Hope to speak to some of you soon.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Hey folks

OK, I got the programming done a little quicker than I thought I might. I have a version that works. There are a couple of glitches but nothing game-changing. Work on backups of anything you have until I'm certain that it works fully.
    I haven't updated the web site in 4 years, so rather than mess around with that I have created a new Discord server. The install file is hosted there in the 'announcements' channel. If all you want to do is grab a version that works with FGU, that's fine. If you want to stick around and chat, that's also fine Discord link in sig.

Going forward, I plan on making some pretty big changes (and I've started implementing some of them). It turns out I love programming again. Obviously some of the changes will be forced on me by WotC's new formats, and that's fine.

My main drive is to simplify my own life as a DM. If I make anything useful for others, that's grand. I know that FGU has a lot more functionality for importing stuff so there may be no use-case for Engineer Suite beyond my own

Hope to speak to some of you soon.

Maasq

Hi Maasq,
    Nice to see you back! I just wanted to let you know that it would appear when trying to link out to the Discord channel you get a message of:
    "No Text Channels - You find yourself in a strange place. You don't have access to any text channels, or there are none in this server."

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Hi Maasq,
    Nice to see you back! I just wanted to let you know that it would appear when trying to link out to the Discord channel you get a message of:
    "No Text Channels - You find yourself in a strange place. You don't have access to any text channels, or there are none in this server."
    Cheers, mate. I'll look at that & fix it later when I am at the computer!
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

OK, the Discord link has been updated and seems to work, as far as I can tell.
    Engineer Suite Discord Server
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information