5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 18 First ... 5678917 ... Last

Thread: Engineer Suite

Excellent! Thank you for the compliment.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Hey folks!

There's an update to Engineer Suite. We're now at v0.5.7 and it can be downloaded from www.masq.net as always. This version updates and improves the ability to insert FG links into any free text area and has a guide in the 'information' menu. The 'validation' feature has moved on a little too.

Full update notes:
    v0.5.7
    Engineer Suite
    ==============
    NEW: A menu entry in the 'Information' menu - 'Links in FG' - will open a help document to support the link system.
    UPDATED: The link entry system has been upgraded. The menu entries hopefully read better, and there is a GUI to support the entry of links. This GUI can be switched off in options if it feels unwieldy.
    UPDATED: Some changes to how the XML is displayed in the 'validate' box.

NPC Engineer
    ============

Spell Engineer
    ==============
    UPDATED: The 'At Higher Levels' box has been merged with the spell description. There was no actual need for it to be separate (other than saving you typing 3 words!) You don't need to do anything with previously-saved spells as the two fields will be merged on load. Typing 'at higher levels: ' (note the colon and space after it) will be bolded and italicised automatically.
    UPDATED: The spell text box has a 'validate XML' button.

Table Engineer
    ==============
    GUI and basic functions to allow it to load.

Equipment Engineer
    ==================
    Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Awesome utility, Maasq! Keep up the great work. We sure do appreciate it.
    Ultimate License Holder

D&D: A game where a 3 hour walk takes 5 minutes, but a 5 minute battle takes 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadranar View Post
    Awesome utility, Maasq! Keep up the great work. We sure do appreciate it.
    Thank you!

I have finished my intense summer term of marking, so I am now free to get back to my first love (the programming). Look for some progress again over the summer months!

Steph
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Hey folks!

There's an update to Engineer Suite. We're now at v0.5.15 and it can be downloaded from www.masq.net as always. This version fixes some bugs, adds the ability to set the position of the import window and retain it between sessions, and adds the ability to use versatile weapons in Actions for your NPC.

Full update notes:
    v0.5.15
    Engineer Suite
    ==============

NPC Engineer
    ============
    NEW: The 'Import' window will remember its position when you reopen it. It stores the last position between sessions too. If you need to reset it, close it while its left edge is off the left side of the screen.
    UPDATED: The 'Type' list now includes 'trap'.
    UPDATED: Weapons can be tagged as 'Versatile'. This will increase the hit die by 1 class for 2-handed use, and this should suffice for most use cases. If something different is required the 'other text' box can be used.
    FIXED: Editing an NPC from the CTRL-M entry now properly reloads the 'NoID' field.
    FIXED: In actions, weapon hit die with 2 digits (d10, d12, d20) were not being read properly when edited. This has been dealt with for damage, bonus damage and ranged damage.
    FIXED: 'Sahuagin' was mis-spelled in the languages box, meaning it wasn't being tagged properly. Fixed. Check any of your NPCs with this language selected as they'll need to have it re-selected. Sorry!
    FIXED: If 'Add Descriptive Text' was NOT selected but Reference Manual output was, an XML error cropped up in the FG Module. This has been fixed and will now work as intended.

Spell Engineer
    ==============
    NEW: The 'Import' window will remember its position when you reopen it. It stores the last position between sessions too. If you need to reset it, close it while its left edge is off the left side of the screen.
    Fixed an issue with imports where non-standard capitalisation was being ignored.

Table Engineer
    ==============

Equipment Engineer
    ==================
    There's an instructional video on Spell Engineer on the Patreon site and it is likely to be the last video for a wee while. I can't think of anything else to do!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Introducing Table Engineer!

Hi folks

New update to Engineer Suite today - it is now v0.5.29 and the '5' is because a new element has been added - Table Engineer! You can now build rollable tables within Engineer Suite, allowing easy linking from any other part of the program. Crucially, you can also link tables together to give a cascading set of tables that will auto-roll.

I've worked hard to make it as usable as possible (set against the backdrop of being forced to work with RTF - a format that has no real support for tables). You can add/insert/delete/clear rows and columns and paste from Excel/Google Sheets/MS Word. The table will also auto resize to accommodate the pasted values.

I have done what I could with my limited imagination. I have never built tables in FG before now, though, so I am almost certainly missing something useful or necessary. I'd really appreciate feedback and suggestions to make this better.

There are two things I am still working on: Import of CSV file (although pasting seems far easier; best to go for completeness though) and how to deal with the situation where dice ranges get changed. Aside from these it is fully functional, including parsing.

There are a good number of small updates to the other elements too, including the consolidation of some code to make the package lighter and maybe a little faster.

Let me know what you think!
    As ever, the newest version can be had from the website (see the sig below).

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Ooops.... I had uploaded a previous version. It is fixed now.
    As a bonus I added another feature, so it is now 0.5.31

NEW: Added a switch to make rolls visible/hidden for players in FG's Chat.
    Maasq
    Last edited by Maasq; August 9th, 2019 at 14:42.
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Nice one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

After installing, it says v0.5.31, not v0.5.30 as the description says.

Hiya. There was a last minute emergency update after the post and I forgot to update here. I'll edit my post now.
    Well spotted - thanks!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information