Back our Kickstarter Campaign going on Now
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Thread: Engineer Suite

Engineer Suite

Engineer Suite
    A windows program designed to facilitate the process of getting data into Fantasy Grounds.

Discord channel: Engineer Suite
    Issue tracker: Engineer Suite

Engineer Suite.jpg
    Engineer Suite ties NPC Engineer, Spell Engineer, project management and the parsing engine together into one framework. All future releases in the series will also be tied into this framework, with the current one under development being Equipment Engineer. There are several advantages - tighter integration of packages, reuse of shared code makes maintenance easier, and easier updating for users.

There are 2 complete modules, one in whatever-the-letter-before-alpha-is state, the project management module, and the parsing module (which is largely invisible until you click 'create module').

NPC Engineer

• Enable the import of NPCs from a variety of sources (PDFs, D&D Beyond, CritterDB, RPG Tinker and others);
    • Edit the imported information;
    • Parse to produce a bestiary module for Fantasy Grounds;
    • Export to a variety of formats, including RTF for MS Word, BBCode and HTML.

It is also possible to create NPCs from scratch, save them individually, save to an NPC file for later parsing, and export to a NPC file suitable for other parsers.
    Images and tokens are handled as smoothly as possible - both are copied to the correct directory and renamed properly to make the process of building a bestiary as quick and as accurate as possible.

The module file produced has a library section which mimics the Monster Manual, and NPCs import spell information automatically when opened or added to the combat tracker (assuming you have the source book required open). All NPC functions are fully supported - Actions, Legendary Actions, Lair Actions, Spellcasting and so on.NPCs created with NPC Engineer are 3.3.4 (and later) ready - spell slots will automatically populate.

A reference manual can be created automatically for your NPCs.

The many tool-tips and (hopefully) clear layout should guide you through the process.

NPC Engineer 1 - Main Screen.jpg

Spell Engineer

• Enable the import of spells from a variety of sources (PDFs, D&D Beyond and others);
    • Parse to produce a codex module for Fantasy Grounds;

It is also possible to create spells from scratch, and save them individually to a Spell file for later parsing.
    The module file produced has a library section which mimics the Player's Handbook.

Spell Engineer 1.jpg

Equipment
    Engineer

• Enable the import of equipment from a variety of sources (PDFs, D&D Beyond and others);
    • Parse to produce a catalog module for Fantasy Grounds;

It is also possible to create equipment from scratch, and save individually to an Equipment file for later parsing.

The current build is 0.4.40 (release date 14 November 2018), and can be found on the Engineer Suite website. The FG forums don't allow exe uploads, and the installer is an exe.

Maasq
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maasq; November 18th, 2018 at 16:29.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.
    Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

v0.4.38
    Engineer Suite
    ==============
    FIXED: A bug in the updater was fixed.

NPC Engineer
    ============
    NEW: Support for accented characters added to the RTF box. At last you can have Faerϋn recognised in your flowing descriptions! This has been tested with exactly 2 characters... 'ϋ' and 'λ'. I will be interested to hear feedback on this and apologise if I broke anything
    UPDATED: The import filter for Lair Actions was made a bit more robust.
    UPDATED: The RTF box was tweaked again. I think I've improved it. Let me know if I broke anything for you.
    FIXED: A bug was preventing a new Action added to the Actions.json showing up until the next launch. Fixed.
    FIXED: A bug was inserting a blank line into dropdown lists when Actions or Traits were added to their respective json files. This no longer happens.
    FIXED: If you selected 'Other Language Text' for languages, although this saved and parsed into FG modules correctly, it never loaded back in to NPC Engineer. This also affected imports. I added code for this, and now it works like it should.

Spell Engineer
    ==============

Equipment Engineer
    ==================
    NEW: GUI Added.
    ########################################

v0.4.26
    Engineer Suite
    ==============
    UPDATED: The 'About Engineer Suite' help box is no longer empty. You can check your version number!
    FIXED: A bug was making the loading of projects not be consistent throughout the Suite. All components were given a lecture on the importance of a consistent approach and told to buck up their ideas.
    FIXED: Each component will now display the number of items correctly, rather than possibly just showing NPC numbers everywhere. This was a visible result of the sloppiness referenced above.

NPC Engineer
    ============
    NEW: Buttons on the button bar allows you to 'Open Next NPC' & 'Open Previous NPC'. This gives a quick way to cycle through all the NPCs in a project if you need to check or add something. Note that this will only work if (a) you are using Engineer Suite as the parser, (b) you have a project loaded, and (c) the current NPC is in the project - all conditions that will usually be met, but worth mentioning for edge cases.
    UPDATED: The 'HP' pop-up dialogue now allows the HP bonus to go up to +800.
    FIXED: A small bug in the import of Innate Spellcasting was spotted and corrected.
    FIXED: If you overrode the calculated passive Perception, this was being ignored on reloading the NPC. This has been fixed, and passive Perception should always show as the value previously set when you load the NPC.

Spell Engineer
    ==============
    NEW: Buttons on the button bar allows you to 'Open Next Spell' & 'Open Previous Spell'. This gives a quick way to cycle through all the spells in a project if you need to check or add something. Note that this will only work if (a) you are using Engineer Suite as the parser, (b) you have a project loaded, and (c) the current spell is in the project - all conditions that will usually be met, but worth mentioning for edge cases.
    FIXED: The final caster in the source list wasn't parsing. Fixed. Reparse to correct this; no other action needed.

Equipment Engineer
    ==================
    Code was added to give the item cycling above, but there's still nothing meaningful to see here. Sorry!

########################################
    Last edited by Maasq; October 29th, 2018 at 01:08.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

I suppose you’ll want me to change the stickies AGAIN! PM me so I don’t forget
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea to the wish list http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

These look great, but I run a Mac. I tried running it on Crossover but no go. Has anyone been able to get these to work through wine?

I don't know how much luck you'll have, as there are a lot of Windows calls.
    It would be interesting to hear if anyone on Mac or Linux has this running through WINE.

Sorry I can't be of more help here.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Maasq,

I downloaded the zip version of Engineer Suite, I can load the program and get to the main menu, but when I click on either icon I get the below, also after clicking OK the program looks like it is closed but the process is still running.

Attached Images Attached Images

Ah, the dll didn't update in the zip for some reason. I'll rebuild the zip and post it in the morning. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

No problem, at least is was an easy fix

Thanks Maasq. It is the thought that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Maasq,

Good day! Another question...the Shadow (SRD Creature) has Stealth +4, +6 in dim light or darkness. Any way to add (Stealth +6 in dim light and darkness) to the skills area of the Engineer?

Thanks,

GBFF
    I didn't know such creatures existed. Is this rare? Unique? I wonder if the mighty Zacchaeus can help out here, or some of the other gurus?
    Basically, is this something I need to allow for, or is this a one off?

The way I have NPC Engineer set up this would require a lot of work to enable, although there may be ways to mitigate some of the work (right-click the skill to add further text rather than add new GUI elements). Let me hear from people how commonplace this is before I plan too much into how I am going to fix it. I will fix it, though.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information