FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I might run something as well. Anyone else?
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Blog Entries
    Hi Guys,

The last couple of FG Cons have suffered a little as the organising crew (us not you) were all snowed under with RL. We are planning/hoping/praying that RL treats us more nicely this time around.... anyways... back on to the topic at hand - would any of you like to take the lead on coordinating the PFS tables at the upcoming FG Con and if so - how can we help you?

At this point in time it's honestly difficult to tell how much work it will be, so I'm a little bit hesitant to throw my hat into the ring.

It will probably largely depend on whether we get at least 15 tables. If we do get them it would be nice (though based on the numbers of the last FG con it seems rather unlikely) but probably more work, if we don't the coordinator will not have a lot to do.

I'm definitely up to requesting boon support (if we manage to offer at least 15 tables, of course).
    What I need for that is all PFS & SFS GMs for the Con to give me a heads-up on how many tables they want to run and which scenarios they'd like to run. I'd need that info at least 1 month before the Con, because that's the time frame the guys at Paizo require.

I gets a bit more complex if we want to run a multi-table special. I don't know though if we even have enough GMs for a special at the moment.

One thing you can do to help is to keep an eye open for people who plan to run PFS or SFS at the Con and make sure they know about this thread. It would be a shame if we actually have 15+ tables but don't request boon support because we were not aware.
    (If anything else comes to mind, I'll tell you.)
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries
    Hi _stephan I was going to approach you on the Starfinder side of things...

What would be involved from your side of things?

1. Poke those GMs that have been previously active in PFS and invite them to run again
    2. Aim to get a minimum number of tables committed quite early - say 6 - to give it some momentum
    3. post/repost once a week to maintain awareness
    4. Be able to answer questions from prospective GMs within 48 hours

I think the multi-table special was pretty cool and a great learning experience for all involved - especially in regards to beating the clock.
    I dont think we have the numbers to want to take on that at this time though - and it was a lot more prep work.

What do you guys think?

Running a special sure is a lot more work in regards to coordinating all the tables. So far I have run specials only locally, but played a lot of them online. From what I have seen, it's a little bit more complex to run online because you don't have the people conveniently sitting in the same room.

I think getting GMs to commit to at least half the required amount (so 7-8) within the next 1-2 weeks maybe would be a good start. Remember, to keep the 1 month deadline, the support must be requested somewhere during the first week of march, which actually isn't that far away. Those GMs would need to be willing to run their games no matter if there's going to be boons or not.

I have just posted two seperate threads to raise awareness:
    PFS forum
    SFS forum
    - Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for running point on this.

Yeah, the special seems to be unlikely at this point. Even 15 tables is probably pretty difficult - especially one month in advance.

I posted in the SFS forum thread, we'll see how much momentum it will gain.

Blog Entries
    If we can generate a solid showing this time around it will put us in a better position to aim for the minimum tables for the next FG Con even if we dont make it this time around.
    Could you guys PM your email addresses?

I haven't run any PFS in... ...over 2 years? I can run a couple tables at the upcoming one to help meeting the 15 tables target.

Thread Information