STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

DM new to Fantasy grounds HELP me.

Hi to all that reads this. I am looking for someone who can assist me learning Fantasy Grounds D&D 5ed and how to become a DM. I have little experience, even with watching tutorials. For example if I created a module, how do I get out of it back to the main menu without closing the entire program? Also, when I hit npc it lists all the creatures in the MOnster Manuel but I cannot create an encounter. This is how newbie I am.

If anyone has time to assist me in learning to use FG, please mail me. My information on when I can do this is below.

Name: Erik
    Available random weekdays Pacific Standard Time 10:00A.M.-3:00P.M.
    30 minutes to hours. Depending on you as I can understand it can get boring teaching.
    Preferred menu is to create a simple module at the same time as it is easier to go over problem issues.

Thanks.

Talk to Fantasy Grounds College and sign up for a GM101 class.

https://www.fantasygroundscollege.net/

Also look at the user guide in the Wiki. There are step by step guides for making an encounter inf 5E, for example.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

A good way is to open a 2nd instance of FG, then connect using the host address of

localhost

then you can see both from the GM side and the player side

I found it very helpful when I first started GMing on fantasy grounds
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

I agree with donpaulo, open up a second instance so you can see and practice using effects and combat before you have players. I would also not get into using extensions until your comfortable with the basics. Once you do then look into extensions cause they are awesome!

Blog Entries
    1. Enroll in Fantasy Grounds College.
    2. Take GM101 Class
    3. Get in FG and play with the combat tracker. See how it works and all the things it can do.
    4. Connect 2nd instance of FG to localhost. Make a character and add it to the Combat Tracker.
    5. Ask questions in support on FG Discord when you don't know something.
    6. Read a few of these helpful links below.

Fantasy Grounds Tips & Tricks

Sample Campaign + Tutorial

Guides, Videos & Other Helpful Info

This should get you well on your way to running a 5E Game! Enjoy!

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Blog Entries
    One other useful thing is to get yourself involved in a game as a player. You'll learn a lot just by seeing what others are doing and asking a few questions.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    One other useful thing is to get yourself involved in a game as a player. You'll learn a lot just by seeing what others are doing and asking a few questions.
    This. It also helps with morale

Blog Entries
    And FG Con 13 is coming up in a couple weeks, so that's always a great opportunity to get in on a game or three!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information