STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Sorrow Lands

Sorrow Lands

World of my own creation using Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Fantasy world magic common.

My campaign begins immediately after a war between two nations. The Fertile North is supported by agriculture and the Rocky South is supported by Industry. However, the south could not feed it's people and the North kept raising the prices of food for services and raw materials. The south invaded a small peninsula extending south and claimed it as Necessary for the country's sruvival. The war raged for ten years and ravaged both continents. So many troops were sent to the border conflict that internal security was neglected.

Opportunistic monstrous races have thrived at home behind enemy lines. Unscrupulous nobles have used the weakened state of the populous to establish themselves as dictators and warlords.

But now the soldiers are coming home. Some of them were conscripted at 16 years old and forced to go to war. Now they know nothing else. Each player character is a returning soldier from the war with no other motiviation initially than to simply get back north to their respective home towns.

Home has changed everywhere though and the soldiers can either live with it or make changes the only way they know how. Any PHB or Complete set character classes. The Military finds uses for all kinds of expertise. Druids are rare as part of the story line.

Characters begin with a 1/2 Level from the DMG (Warrior, Adept, Commoner, Expert, or Noble) to reflect what they were in their home towns before being conscripted. They also gain 1 class level to reflect their active duty training. Full level one Skill points for both classes. No extra feats you effectively gain your level one dependent feat at yoru military level. Xp will be at ZERO (0) So you will get to 2nd level at the normal point in time. This is just to add flavor to characters that lack clear histories and defined motivations. Take care in choosing because I will use it in the game.

I can only run this campaign Mon, Thur, and Fri CDT 1900-0000 (7pm-12pm) One night a week.
    I can also use yahoovoicechat during games on separate computer. [email protected] or sign onto campaign in calendar
    Last edited by Drakard; June 29th, 2006 at 07:01.
    [/COLOR"]There's Too Much Blood In My Caffeinne!

Sounds interesting. I be willing to give it a wirl. Mind you my work place like throw curves at me for times, which should be coming to a stop. Now by chance, what is that in Est time?

Add: Ok, i should check up on calander :P ok 8pm my time.. ya that wouldnt be a problem then. Now just a head up, I play campaings Thursday-Friday. One sometime on the weekends. There a campaing im in now with some really good RPers that wants to keep the group together.. though their still new (4 of us) The group is pretty well balance. If you want, if we can do it on Mondays.. i try talk to them this Sataday and maybe we can get 4 players right off the bat Ya call on that one.
    Last edited by VarnFury; June 21st, 2006 at 11:49.

I'd be interested in a Monday-Thursday evening game.

I wouldn't mind participating in this. Sounds like fun.

Evan

I'd be interested in joining the campaign. What will the starting character specs be? (level, ability scores, starting funds, etc.)

I don't have a license as of yet but won't hesitate to purchase one if a promising campaign comes along. On a personal note, how long have you played/DM'd D&D and how competent are you in using the FG interface? What playing style do you tend toward (hack-n-slash vs. role-playing)?

I would be available to play nights Mon-Wed for any given amount of time.

So far, I like the basis of the storyline and am intrigued to see what conflicts unfold.

Okay I can do Monday instead. I have been playing since 1988 in the 7th grade. I have been running games since my senior year. I cannot tell you how well I am going to Dungeon Master but none of my buddies ever run a game and we always have fun. I love the game and I don't have every book memorized but the rules are followed as closely as can be expected. I don't have a formula for hack and slash vs role playing to give you but If you're alone and attack a column of orcs you are going to die. You walk up to a column of orcs and use diplomacy, bluff, or intimidate on the squad leader and then make a good roll then you might survive.

If you're still interested then sign up on my game at the calendar and suggest some times between Monday through Friday 7pm -Midnight Central time. Wednesday is also taken sorry.

Awsome. Im pretty sure i can round up the other 3 in the campian im in now with that type of time that up now ^.^

I'm signed up on the Game Calendar. How do you want us to handle ability scores and such? Will the first session mostly be creating characters or are we to have them done before hand? I noticed you had the starting level as 2, will we be using the starting funds for a level 2 character as well? Let me know, thanks.

Yes 2nd level starting funds is fine. 4d6 reroll 1's drop the lowest for stats. If you reroll then reroll all 6 stats. Alternate races are fine but do not exceed effective character level 2.

Hey Drakard,
    You want us to just roll up the characters on our own for Monday? Or are we going to do that on Monday? Also, for 2nd level equipment buy, I assume just non-magical stuff since I doubt we would have magic items after being in the military.

Thread Information