STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    It is not the same as a bundle, which really applies to the new books as they come out, but all of the core books go on regular sales. If you can wait a few months and pick them up over time you can save a fair amount of money.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    thats a lot of splat books in the "essentials" bundle. are you telling me the newest adventures assume everyone has bought all those books and requires them all to play something as a part of the WDH adventure?

i had a thought elsewhere asking why there wasn't just a core bundle... DMG, PHB, and MM for new players that don't need to have all that splat yet. or if the modern definition of "core" remains from 4e.. a "basic" bundle then?
    It is just because three books is not sufficient enough to warrant a bundle discount. As mentioned earlier, they received an earlier price reduction of 40% off MSRP for people who want to buy just those three or individual books. They do go on sale periodically as well.

I've stickied this until maybe the end of October
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the heads up on the changes. I think the divisions make sense.

Also, thank you Zacchaeus for the sticky.

This makes it much easier to look through the growing number of titles, and the categories make sense, I like it

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    It is just because three books is not sufficient enough to warrant a bundle discount.
    that makes sense.

I like it... Can I brown-nose and just say that I love the customer service side of FG? If only other companies had as decent a business model as you folks...

So, for someone who hasn't bought FG yet, if I buy the Complete Bundle today with the 25% discount, after Oct. 1 will new material be discounted at 25% or 15% going forward? I guess what I'm asking is if I buy the Complete Bundle today, does it somehow lock me into a 25% discount on future material or it it just a one time purchase discount and future material will be discounted at 15%?

Thanks in advance for your information.

Blog Entries
    So if you buy the complete bundle today, you will get 25% off, but it doesn't lock you in to that discount going forward.
    It will mean that until new stuff is added, you will have both the Essentials and the Adventures bundles complete when those go active (Oct 1). Then once those are active you can keep up with either or both of those as you wish, but the discounts on those are only 15%.

Note, that even though the discount is not as much, it's an understandable change because when the Complete bundle was setup and the 25% determined, the products were still at MSRP, and when the licensing with WotC changed and everything WotC got a 40% discount, the bundle was never adjusted to reflect that.

So yea, it won't be as big as a discount as it was/is now, but it more flexible now with 3 bundles than it was with just 1.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information