DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Blog Entries

D&D Bundle Changing on October 1, 2018 - New prices and breakdowns

We worked alongside our partners at Wizards of the Coast to evaluate the proper pricing and breakdown of bundles for new and old players. What we uncovered was that we never re-evaluated these after the 40% price reduction we rolled out about a year ago. We also identified a number of products that were not covered in any bundle and many products that were very nice to have, but hardly essential to a great play experience. The amount of products in the core bundle had grown too large and was not welcoming to new players and DMs.

This resulted in a replacement of the D&D Complete Bundle, which was not really complete. There are now 3 separate bundles: D&D Essentials, D&D Adventures and D&D Completionist. The discount has been reduced from 25% to 15%, but now covers more products across all 3 bundles.

Because this is a major change, we are going to leave the current bundle in place until October 1st. At that time, the new bundles will come into effect and be the only bundle options available. That means that you can capitalize on the higher discount for the next few weeks for the products in the current bundle. Because of the Completionist package, you will also be able to pick up products at a discount that were not previously part of any bundle.

Very nice - I like the new setup!

Makes sense. How will the 10/1 transition work for those who purchased the original/current pre-10/1 'D&D Complete Bundle?' Will they still be able to receive go-forward discounts for new additions post 10/1?

Blog Entries
    Nice work Doug. Thanks for giving us the heads up before the change goes into effect.

One comment, "Completionist" is close to "Complete" and though once I look at what the bundle includes, it's clear, but by name alone I expected it to be a aggregate of the other two bundles plus all the extra stuff. Maybe consider something like "Accessories"?

And to clairify (and maybe address Rumtintin), it looks like anyone who has the Complete bundle will be able (after Oct 1) to move forward with the Essentials and/or the Adventurers bundles as they wish?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Yes, the original D&D Complete Bundle is basically divided up into D&D Essentials and D&D Adventures. You can continue both or just one of them going forward, as you wish.

I'm not sure I understand the benefit. For example, I am just Mordekainen's away from having the Essentials Bundle. Right now it says it cost $29.99 to complete the bundle. Does that mean after October 1st it will cost $25.49 instead, or does it mean that after I buy it books that are added to the bundle will be at 15% off?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard203 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the benefit. For example, I am just Mordekainen's away from having the Essentials Bundle. Right now it says it cost $29.99 to complete the bundle. Does that mean after October 1st it will cost $25.49 instead, or does it mean that after I buy it books that are added to the bundle will be at 15% off?
    The Essentials, Adventure and Completionist bundles don't have the discounts locked in at this time. Once October 1st arrives, the 15% discount will become active and the old D&D Bundle will be removed. Your price if you wait until after the 1st of October will be $25.49 when you complete the Essentials bundle by picking up Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard203 View Post
    To add to Doug's answer, if you complete the Essentials bundle after Oct 1, you will get 15% off MToF and when anything else is added to that bundle you will get 15% off those items as well (assuming you keep the bundle complete).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    How does that extra 10% break down for you guys royalty/commission wise. Based on some mine it might literally just a few extra pennies to you (meaning SmiteWorks) and the author and into your pockets.

Any after my fiasco this morning I was was so excited I managed to purchased two of said product.. Doug squared me away quite quick. Got to give it a couple more days to get my hands on those maps.
    Last edited by Mortar; September 15th, 2018 at 00:06.
    Ultimate License Holder

thats a lot of splat books in the "essentials" bundle. are you telling me the newest adventures assume everyone has bought all those books and requires them all to play something as a part of the WDH adventure?

i had a thought elsewhere asking why there wasn't just a core bundle... DMG, PHB, and MM for new players that don't need to have all that splat yet. or if the modern definition of "core" remains from 4e.. a "basic" bundle then?

Thread Information