DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Thanks for the response Doug. Having the inner workings available for community developers to check out is good stuff. I supposed if the demand for a starship battle subsystem is high enough someone will eventually create it. Everything else in the ruleset is top notch. I hate that profits haven’t exceeded the expense...

Blog Entries
    Well yeah, and there is a lot of background to this particular situation as well. The developer in question has been a tremendous collaborator with us over the years and a good friend. They have been paid very well for that collaboration, but then again that is probably a matter of opinion on which side of the equation you are on. Working on official 5E stuff tends to skew your perspective dramatically. While we are disappointed in the setback for this particular case, we want to just focus on moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Easier said than done, as FG developers are all over the world.

It's hard to just turn up at their house and threaten to criticise their curtains! ;-)
    Yea I suppose your right. I didn't consider that.

If only I knew how to make reference manuals..
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    If only I knew how to make reference manuals..
    There's a few posts about it on the forums and the basic layout info is in the Wiki. It's "just" data entry and formatting - no coding. Dive in!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So more than a year later and it's still not integrated.

2 years later, still can't roll NPC crews actions on starship statblocks, shields on NPC ships are a nightmare too, about 50% of what it should do is actually working.
    I previously only used FG for 5e and it is very good for that system, but seemingly that system alone. There are a bunch of annoying problems and missing features just in the Core Ruleset, in comparison to 5e it is a mess.
    Fantasy Grounds is expensive just for the licence, let alone all the modules you need on top, the least they could do is actually have full functionality for their supported systems.
    To make things worse, Rob churns out coding packs at a premium on Drivethru that should be standard features of FG! I know the excuse I'll get along the lines of "He does that outside of work hours blah blah blah." Sure, sure he does!

I know, I know, bit of a rant, but it really annoys me to see devs talk about how things are in the works, or top priority, then realise their statement was made years ago and you are running into the same problems!
    Last edited by Argonautking; August 9th, 2020 at 03:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Argonautking View Post
    I know, I know, bit of a rant, but it really annoys me to see devs talk about how things are in the works, or top priority, then realise their statement was made years ago and you are running into the same problems!
    Paizo has JUST released the Starship Operations Manual which was announced like in November. It probably hasn't done much to motivate a lot of work here since whatever they spoon out in vanilla will also have to work with the updated rules.

Thread Information