5E Character Create Playlist

If possible for the HEX code to be used in other areas?

Some time ago I have this idea that maybe someone with talent can, sometime, develop it.

I lack of technical knowledge, I do not know if it is possible to do this extension but I know that Fantasy Grounds is able to show the colors by Hex code in the dice and it seems a waste to only use it there. For example, it could be used as:

1) In options, for example in the 5e ruleset, it could be used to give a different color to each category of magic item rarity. Typical of the MMO and ARPG games but it would be a very good visual aid.

2) In each item and spell, the option to write the HEX code and in the description there is a space that shows the color. That way we could add a visual element to the items and spells. (This may be ideal for groups of children, although I'm sure my group of 30s would have a lot of fun).

3) Maybe, in FGU, I can also help with the light emanations of items, and visual effects of the spells.

I have no idea how this would affect the version of FG 32bits and if it would consume too much memory,
    but it would help to visually customize each character, since this extension would only give the option of inserting the HEX color where desired.

It’s possible (have a look at the spell rarity color codes in the Pathfinder Playtest early access ruleset, for example). But it would need to be specifically coded for each field, background, etc..

Most of this is possible through an extension and the FG control XML specification and API support setting/changing colors directly. See backcolor, for example, here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowcontrol.xcp
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information