STAR TREK 2d20

LFP 5E D&D Sunday evenings Japan time zone

FG License: Ultimate license (I provide everything; you just need to show up. But see below about a one time fee that charge players.)

Game System: 5e with a few house rules

Campaign: Hot Springs Island; See below for themes and main plots
    https://shop.swordfishislands.com/th...sland-digital/

New players are welcome!!

Time Zone: GMT+9 (Japan)

Day of week and time: Sundays 8:00 p.m., for two and half hours. Weekly.

Start date: Sept. 23rd.

Text or Voice: Voice

Voice software used: Ideally, TeamSpeak.

Role play & Combat mix: 60/40. This is an estimation.

Number of Players in game & needed: Three. Need one more.

Character starting level & equipment: 1st. As per the PHB.

Character restrictions:
    I have a list of eight characters partially planned out. You need to take one of them so that you are tied into the campaign story. See below for the list.

Books: PHB, Sword Coast, Volo, Xanathar

Some people play this game as if it is a chess-like battle of wits. They learn the rules, memorize the monster stats, and optimize their characters. That is awesome! But that is not my game. In my game, I don't care so much if I forgot a rule as written, I mess up the monsters attack damage sometimes and I don't fix it, I stress rapid play over accurate play, and I enjoy silly jokes. My games are all about beer, popcorn, and laughter. So if you are a battle-of-the-minds type of player, you will not enjoy this game.

I reward light role playing. I expect my clerics to envoke the names of their gods, and my barbarians to yell "Crom!" as they charge. If you struggle with even that level of role playing, then you will not enjoy this game.

I have a few very special and different way of doing things, such as an alternative to character death. We can worry about the details later.

Finally, I request a one time fee of $20 US to join. (If you wonder why I do this, then please ask me the first time we meet in voice.) I request that potential players join us for two sessions first before committing so that we can both decide if it is good fit.

Please send a private message with the following:
    1. Your real name
    2. Confirmation that this time zone (Japan) works for you
    3. You email address.

Please make sure your private message has all three of the required parts.

Thanks,
    Kevin

##############

A few words about the campaign...

This material was not written by Wizards of the Coast (see link above). It looks and feels very different. This campaign emphasizes combat as war. Some of the encounters are not balanced at all. This is a closed sandbox, with a limited number of possible "You die" situations. I am going to replace death with temporary injuries. There is mature content and themes in the campaign (nudity, drug use). It is not toilet humor, but it is definitely there. We can choose to reduce it, if the group decides that the mature content is not enjoyable. There is complex ecology with possible consequences for haphazardly killing stuff.

Themes:
    Treasuring hunting
    Wilderness, Nature, Jungle
    Elementals (Fire, Water)
    Elves, Ogres, Lizardfolk
    Ancient ruins

What will really work well:
    Information-gathering abilities
    Communication skills
    Exploration skills
    Ability to move quickly, and to escape from monsters.

What will not work well:
    A character who can fight well and that is it
    Armor, other than light armor
    A lack of patience, and hastily jumping to conclusions
    An unwillingness to figure out what is really going on

Combat as Sport
    fights between two (at least roughly) evenly matched sides
    * value combat tactics that could be used to overcome the enemy and fair rules adhered to by both sides
    * terrain and the specific situation should provide spice to the combat but never turn it into a turkey shoot
    * the fight should have roughly equal sides and in which no greater strategic issues impinge on the fight or unbalance it

Combat as War
    * you know who was going to win before the fight even starts
    * a lot of the fun comes in from using strategy and logistics to ensure that the playing field is heavily unbalanced in your favor

#################

Character concepts

**TAKEN** An elf or half-elf with the sage background (any class), who is searching for the ruins of a lost elven civilization

**TAKEN** A lizardfolk ranger (any background) who is searching for a mythical bird

A human with the criminal background (any class) who is looking for loot --- the more the better!

A dwarf or halfling (any class and background) who was wrongly accused of a crime, and seeks the woman who framed him / her

A teenager half-ogre (any background, use the half-orc race) who ran away from home; note that you will be found by your parents, so you will need to deal with that

A chaotic neutral tiefling warlock (any background) on a quest for the forces of chaos; this quest is difficult, but it ends the campaign if accomplished

**TAKEN** A human or dwarven druid (any background) and his/her tiny water elemental familiar who are on a quest to free an imprisoned naiad (water dryad)

A lawful evil tabaxi (any class and background) who is on a mission for a self-serving rakshasa, but mostly just cares about the loot

##############
    Last edited by spoofer; October 14th, 2018 at 12:03.

I am looking for one player for this game. We have played four sessions. The party is level 2.

Kevin
    Last edited by spoofer; October 14th, 2018 at 12:01.

I am looking for one player. Date: Oct. 14th

Strike that. I found a player. Thanks everyone for your interest!
    Last edited by spoofer; October 16th, 2018 at 11:39.

Thread Information