DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to create a clean Table of Contents ?

Hello fellow gamer !

Basically, this will probably be seen as a noobie question. And it actually is !

I recently had to stop going and having games with my gaming club, due to moving into a new home... far away from my club. So I think it's now the time to start using FG.

First of all, I want to tell you that I'm not english native. I do have some games written in English (because those games are not (yet) translated into my language), and I do have other games that are in my language.

Recently, I bought Jericho Rose, since I own the PDF. Like this, I could potentially see how people organize their documents and compare to the original work. Like this, by learning that way, I thought it would make easier for me to understand how things are organized for when I enter my data in my language.

When I open basically any module from FG (let's say Savage World rule book, or Jericho Rose), when I click on the loaded module, I immediately access a first sheet, with basically a Table of Contents, easily searchable per chapter, and containing numberous other sheets.

Today, I tried to start entering the core rule book for a game that has been created in my language (and basically, there are little to no chance this will ever be translated into another language), but all I find, is to enter a sheet in the "Story" tab. But if I continue doing this, when I need to go for a sublevel, I just can't create a topic within that topic. Well, I can, but it must be linked to a story page. All in all, it wouldn't be a Table of Contents, but it will be a full list of all the topics that I have.

I don't quite understand what people are using to make such a table of content. I also tried searching the web, but besides tutorials made to help me creating a module, I've never seen anything explaining me how to make such a root "table of contents", with pages inside each chapter, without having a full list of all the topics I create.

Thank you for your help,

Blog Entries
    I think you are referring to the reference manual set up. It is laid out in this reference: Reference_Manuals. It looks complicated, but its not really once you get the hang of it.You will need a text editor (like Notepad++) and a zip utility (7zip is my recommendation)
    Ultimate License Holder

Hey there ! Thank you Damned and Mortar for your help

@Damned : I imagined that by typing (Index) as a name will always come up first, and I can make a clean Table of Content from there. But all the pages I would be creating will always be in the story right ? But thanks ! I didn't had thought about that ! That's a big step forward ! Thank you very much !

@Mortar : Oh my ! Indeed, it looks complicated but, yeah, I get the idea. By creating this file, I can link back and have, just like the modules purchased, a quick Table of Content upon selection of the module. Thank you very much for that ! Very useful !

Blog Entries
    If you have the Savage Worlds ruleset check out THIS post and @Ikael's Enhanced Library Extension.

Any module in your modules and extensions folders are renamed zip files. Copying them to a working folder and opening them up is a great way to see how things are put together. Don't do it that in your main FG folders though.
    Ultimate License Holder

Oh neat ! Thank you very much for the link ! It's very useful !

Thanks !

Thread Information