5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Purchase, Gifting & Refund Options

I understand some of the options, but, specifically when it comes to purchasing through the DMsGuild, I'm not sure of the implications. But, rather than just ask the specific questions I have, I thought it would be beneficial to layout all the options (and update this post when I learn the missing parts).

My questions;
    - When purchasing licensing or modules/DLC from the www.dmsguild.com, how are these installed and handled? How long (typically) does it take to get an item from the Guild?
    - Can items bought from the DMsGuild be gifted? How?
    - Also, since I don't know, Can items bought on Steam be gifted? How?

Options
    1. The FG Store; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/
      • Installation and Updates through the FG Update functionality using your forum username and password
      • 30 day money-back guarantee (refund) by emailing [email protected]
      • Gifted via the Order History page, can only be gifted once, must be gifted within 7 days of purchase

2. Steam Powered;

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Accidentally submitted that before I was done and now I can't edit it... so eventually I'll put this in the first post when I can;

Steam Powered; https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...ntasy_Grounds/
    - Requires syncing FG and Steam accounts via FG Settings
    - Installation via Steam, Updates via FG Updater, requires use of FG forum username and password
    - Refund via Steam, must be requested within 2 hours (of use???)
    - Gifting ???

The DMsGuild; https://www.dmsguild.com/browse/pub/89/SmiteWorks
    - Installations & Updates?
    - Gifting?
    - Refunds?

Bundle Impacts
    If bundle pricing is desired, all purchases should either be bought via the FG Store or Steam. (Impact of DMsG purchases?). Note, if support is contacted, they may consolidate purchases to enable bundling on a case by case basis.

Sales
    Within the limitations of start and end times (usually a few hours), all sales on FG Store and Steam are identical. DMsGuild sale coordination unknown.

See Also
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...aq_giftinginfo

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for attempting to gather all this information in one place. I have been asking several of those questions myself, especially in reference to bundles.

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

[
    Steam Powered; https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...ntasy_Grounds/
    - Requires syncing FG and Steam accounts via FG Settings
    - Installation via Steam, Updates via FG Updater, requires use of FG forum username and password
    - Refund via Steam, must be requested within 2 hours (of use???)
    - Gifting ???

I believe through Steam when you "purchase" it gives you an option of buying for yourself or as a gift...if that's what you referencing

When you buy an item from the DMs Guild, you get the item immediately as a download link for a file. You must manually download the file and put it into the correct folder for FG. Updates are handled manually as well, though the DMsG has a page that shows what content you own has been updated since you last downloaded them.

I've never tried to gift or refund an item.

edit: I'm not sure if the smiteworks items that say they require registration work differently from normal items or not.
    Last edited by Caelen; September 8th, 2018 at 23:53.
    You can find my work for D&D 5th Edition on the DMs Guild.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelen View Post
    When you buy an item from the DMs Guild, you get the item immediately as a download link for a file. You must manually download the file and put it into the correct folder for FG. Updates are handled manually as well, though the DMsG has a page that shows what content you own has been updated since you last downloaded them.

I've never tried to gift or refund an item.

edit: I'm not sure if the smiteworks items that say they require registration work differently from normal items or not.
    Thanks, I know how 3pp work, I've got a few up there. I'm curious how the actual SW products work. I too have noticed that registration require comment, but haven't heard what that means

Blog Entries
    I did find out about gifting on the Guild, you can buy OBS gift certificates. See; https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-u...t-Certificates

EDIT: a better link; https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-u...ertificate-FAQ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Thanks, I know how 3pp work, I've got a few up there. I'm curious how the actual SW products work. I too have noticed that registration require comment, but haven't heard what that means
    There should be a place to enter a fantasygrounds.com username during checkout. Please note that there seems to be an issue from DMsGuild if you buy multiple modules at once. Only the first one gets sent across to us for registration. We've reported it but I don't recall seeing that it ever got fixed. Once it is linked, it installs with an Update just like purchases from Steam and fantasygrounds.com.

What about getting a partial refund on stuff that went out sale like right after you bought it?
    Gaming since '93 - DMing since '05 - Ultimate License holder
    Games willing to run:
    Savage Worlds
    3.5e DnD
    5e DnD
    Castles and Crusades

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vainazzo View Post
    What about getting a partial refund on stuff that went out sale like right after you bought it?
    If you bought it within 30 days you could request a full refund and then buy it at the sale price, so I assume if you ask for a price adjustment they would give you one. But would have to verify with [email protected]

Thread Information