STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    NOTE: This module is now bundled with the Dragon Heist module so everyone gets it with the download. I've removed the link since it's now redundant.
    While I think it is great that FG is bundling the mod with the module when purchased, I'm so happy I saw this thread yesterday and got the mod before the link disappeared. There are a couple of maps in there that will prove useful to me in another campaign, and I will probably never run a D&D game, let alone this scenario.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    While I think it is great that FG is bundling the mod with the module when purchased, I'm so happy I saw this thread yesterday and got the mod before the link disappeared. There are a couple of maps in there that will prove useful to me in another campaign, and I will probably never run a D&D game, let alone this scenario.
    It's a separate module, so you can activate it and use it in any campaign. You don't have to use it with this adventure.

Blog Entries
    Since I downloaded this module already when he first released it will it make a duplicate in my modules folder from the update?

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    It's a separate module, so you can activate it and use it in any campaign. You don't have to use it with this adventure.
    Yeah, but that means I have to buy the product and send some commission his way to get his maps
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    Yeah, but that means I have to buy the product and send some commission his way to get his maps
    I felt the same way. But then had to accept that if Mr. Z had wanted, he could have sold it on the store or Guild in the first place. Since I'll be buying this module, and I already downloaded it, it doesn't really impact me any which way.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I'll end up getting the module at some point...just for the maps since I don't play 5E
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    That was definitely a consideration.

Blog Entries
    I suspect I will be getting the map pack on or about the beginning of October.
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    That was definitely a consideration.
    Would have been *much* better not to make them "public" first and then remove them.

Like LordEntrails above, I'm gonna get the module at some point (probably when it goes on sale, as I'm currently running something else) so I'll get Zacc's maps when I do that. But for those not intending to buy the module, those that don't even play D&D, it's not a great feeling to come to the forums like I did, see a new post offering maps, and find out you missed out because you didn't log in a couple of hours sooner.

Blog Entries
    It was not my decision to make them public first. I agree and would not have done so. I also don't want to see them up on competing sites and VTTs either. My first thought when I saw them was, "why are you giving away this much stuff for free when it took you about 3 weeks to build them?" Those things have definite value. While I at times will promote people giving away stuff for free, I also have no problem encouraging creative people to charge money for creative work.

Considerations for making them a free add-in to a paid product instead of a stand-alone free item:
    • They reference and replace named locations within Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. There are copyright considerations there that we could completely avoid by packaging it.
    • It took Zacchaeus about 3 weeks to build them and he did so purposefully to supplment WDH - a product he was converting
    • Including them as part of the paid product encrypts them so they would only be usable within FG and not on competitors sites or products
    • It would provide one more reason to buy the official WDH module - financially benefiting Wotc, SmiteWorks and Zacchaeus. Service-wise
    • It benefits customers of WDH and those who maintain their D&D Bundles
    • It would remove the need for a dropbox link or for "knowledge" of the forum post
    • It would ensure everyone who buys the module gets it automatically

I strive to be transparent in my decision making so you know where I stand. Instead of removing the post and acting like it never happened, I have no problem describing why we made a change. You are free to disagree with it and even voice your displeasure with it. My hope is that you'll understand our viewpoint.

Thread Information