DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Extreme Damage and impales bugged ?

Hi,

I think there is a problem with extreme level of success giving extreme damage...
    Normally with extreme success during fighting you make maximum damage (example for a knife: 1d4+1 with damage bonus d4 should be 9 damage points (4+4+1)). And Impaling bonus damage doesn't add...

Can you check and confirm that please ?

Thanks a lot.

Doesn't anyone have this problem?

I've forwarded the thread to the CoC7E DLC developers to see if they have ideas.

JPG

Hi Vackipleur,

Can you share the chat output of the situation you see and let me know what you think it should be? I will then be able to confirm what’s happening.

Not all weapons do impaling damage (knives do, obviously) so for a damage roll to impale, the damage string needs to include a suffix telling FG that it is an impaling weapon. The weapons in the library do have this included, but if you type in the weapon yourself, you will have to include it yourself.

The damage string should be <damage>|<bonus>|Imp
    So if it is “1d4+1” it will not include damage bonus and will not impale
    If is is “1d4+1|half db” it will include half the damage bonus and will not impale
    If it is “1d4+1|db|Imp” it will include full damage bonus and impale
    If it is “1d10|Imp” it will not include damage bonus but will impale

I hope this helps.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Hi Vackipleur,

Can you share the chat output of the situation you see and let me know what you think it should be? I will then be able to confirm what’s happening.

Not all weapons do impaling damage (knives do, obviously) so for a damage roll to impale, the damage string needs to include a suffix telling FG that it is an impaling weapon. The weapons in the library do have this included, but if you type in the weapon yourself, you will have to include it yourself.

If is is “1d4+1|half db” it will include half the damage bonus and will not impale

I hope this helps.

Ian
    Hi,

I know for the damage type.

PERRY ASTOR: [ATTACK] "Mary" (70%) [at JENNIFER SMALLWOOD] [Extreme success] [1d10+1d100 = 6]
    PERRY ASTOR: [DAMAGE] "Mary" (1D4+2|DB|Imp) [2d4+2 = 8]
    [8] -> [to JENNIFER SMALLWOOD]
    "Mary" is a bowie knife name
    Normally, damage should be 4 + 4 + 2 + 1d4, isn't it?

And when FG is launched:

Call of Cthulhu Copyright 2016 Chaosium Inc.; all rights reserved. Call of Cthulhu (r) is the registered trademark of Chaosium Inc.
    Call of Cthulhu (7th Edition) ruleset v3.3.4 Copyright 2016 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    Ruleset Conversion by DIE Hard Gaming (LINK)
    (LINK)
    CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.6A for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    Extension (GMIconCoC) loaded.
    Call of Cthulhu - Pulp Cthulhu Copyright 2017 Chaosium Inc.; all rights reserved. Call of Cthulhu (r) is the registered trademark of Chaosium Inc.
    Call of Cthulhu - Pulp Cthulhu extension v3.3.2 Copyright 2016 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    Call of Cthulhu Pulp Theme by Die Hard Gaming.
    Extension (CoC-Decal) loaded.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Vackipleur; September 9th, 2018 at 04:58.

Hi Vackipleur,
    Thanks for the example, I see what's happening. When you want it to do extreme damage, there is a button beside the modifier buttons that looks like a plus and a drop of blood. This turns red when activated and make the damage extreme. The chat message will then be as below.
    PERRY ASTOR: [ATTACK] "Mary" (70%) [at JENNIFER SMALLWOOD] [Extreme success]
    PERRY ASTOR: [EXT][DAMAGE] "Mary" (1D4+2|DB|Imp)
    [13] -> [to JENNIFER SMALLWOOD] [Major Wound]
    You have uncovered a bug, however, which was introduced some time ago by the looks of it. When the attack roll is an extreme success, it was supposed to automatically activate the extreme damage for you, but it is not doing that now, so you will have to activate it manually until I can get a fix through.

The manual way is also useful for when characters spend luck to make a hard success into an extreme success.

I have coded the fix and will get it into the next release, which should be soon.

Cheers,

Ian

Oh I've completely forgotten the drop of blood.

Thanks for your excellent work ianmward

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Hi Vackipleur,

I hope this helps.

Ian
    I have the same problem with CT and ruleset CoC 7th.
    For you to understand, I'll explain what I've done and I Will upload a picture.
    I have set up three knives with a different configuration of damage for a cultist NPC:
    Knife1 (1d6 | db | IMP), Knife2 (1d6 | + db | IMP) and Knife3 (1d6 | 1d4 | IMP).
    The damage bonus is the same, obviously (1D4).
    -If I throw the first regular FG rolls 1d6 without adding the db. If I throw it extreme, FG Rolls the maximun weapon damage, without adding the db. So it's wrong.
    -If I throw the second regular, FG rolls 1d6 + 1d4 what is correct. But if I do extreme, only Rolls the maximum damage of the weapon plus 1d6 without adding the db. Wrong.
    -If I throw the third regular, FG rolls 1d6 + 1d4, and if I do extreme, FG rolls the maximum damage of the weapon plus maximum db + 1d6. All right. This is the correct way.
    The problem with the third Knife is that I have set up my cultist as a race, and I cannot know the damage bonus cultist will have, until the CT generates it. So, I have to correct each NPC separately within the CT.
    What am I doing wrong?

0001.png

I have made all again, and now the results are different. If I roll Knife1 25% (1d6|db|Imp), FG didn´t rolled 1d4 from db. But if I use Knife2 25% (1d6|+db|Imp) FG rolls good. I don´t know what happen before. But This way is not the one Ian mention before. He wrote 1d6|db|Imp as the correct way.
    But, the strange thing, is that if I roll EXTREME with knife 1 and 2, FG rolls EEXTREME in a good way for both.
    I don´t know where is the problem or If I am doing wrong.
    Last edited by CthulhuRol; February 11th, 2019 at 23:42.

The correct formula to put into the NPC statblock or in the CT if you add stuff on the fly is:

Xd6+db|Imp

Note that there is bug and if your DB is negative (-1 or -2) the calculations are wrong.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information