5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Issue with Maps remaining Read-Only

Hello peeps,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but queries against the forums aren't showing this exact thing. I've noticed for a few modules all maps are completely locked from editing. So you can't add a mask to, or do anything else that requires you unlock the map. When I click the unlock button, nothing happens for a few of these modules, which is odd. Case in point (for ALL maps of Volos Guide to Monsters):
    MapBug.jpg

Anyone have any idea how to force this to work? tried modifying the read/write for the whole modules directory but to no avail.

Thanks much,
    CS

Try dragging the map back to the images window and then unlocking the copy you just made.

Moved to the 5E forum. The Laboratory forum is specifically for reporting issues with the current test version of FG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Try dragging the map back to the images window and then unlocking the copy you just made.
    You can't make copies of the map records

Quote Originally Posted by JLBatman View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but queries against the forums aren't showing this exact thing. I've noticed for a few modules all maps are completely locked from editing. So you can't add a mask to, or do anything else that requires you unlock the map. When I click the unlock button, nothing happens for a few of these modules, which is odd. Case in point (for ALL maps of Volos Guide to Monsters):
    MapBug.jpg
    The base Volo's guide to monsters is read only. There is a separate module (DD Volos Guides to Monsters - Maps) that is specifically created with non read-only maps. Looking at your screenshot, this appears to be the module you have open. Also, the lock icon is shown in black, which indicates that the map can be unlocked - read-only maps show the lock in red.

I'm wondering if there is an issue with the theme you're using - that doesn't look like the standard Wizards theme and the close "X" appears closer to the lock. I'm wondering if this might be blocking access to the lock icon/button. Can you try testing in a new campaign, without any extensions (theme's etc.) loaded?
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 6th, 2018 at 04:16.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Howdy Trenloe,

Thanks for the advice (though it makes me sad). It appears to be related to the theme. But I don't understand WHY it is that theme when mines of phandalin maps work (as do most of the others), but none of volos worked. Just pretty odd.
    So now I have to debate between whether I love maps or that theme more!

Either way, you were right as to how to fix it, so thank you bunches.

-CS

Who made them the theme? Reach out to them and they can probably move the X a little to the right.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information