STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: PSI Abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    First class!

Is it working as in MgT 1e, where the PSI stat gets used up when used until you rest? Or is this something we do by hand?

Thanks again!
    At the moment it's just static, doesn't get reduced. I was thinking about adding a new tab for Psionics, with the schools listed and the current 'Strength', but working on the Weapon skills thing which is taking plenty of time.

So welcome to more ideas.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

A psionics tab where you could put the actual talents would be nice. while it would be great to automate it, I would be happy to just have the placeholders for now and the ability to look at the talent to see its effects, etc and then manually reduce the current psi strength.

Quote Originally Posted by watters View Post
    A psionics tab where you could put the actual talents would be nice. while it would be great to automate it, I would be happy to just have the placeholders for now and the ability to look at the talent to see its effects, etc and then manually reduce the current psi strength.
    I did have a PSI tab, just couldn't automate it which annoyed me. This was down to the range affecting cost etc.

Let me add the tab back in and see what that brings.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

You will do fine, MBM! Until you manage to automate it, we will probalby able to manually reduce the points in the PSI stat, when used. As long as we have some way to manage, we will manage

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    You will do fine, MBM! Until you manage to automate it, we will probalby able to manually reduce the points in the PSI stat, when used. As long as we have some way to manage, we will manage
    Ok, just got my dinner (evening meal/tea etc), coding away tonight on things.

Question, how do you think PSI abilities etc should be handled, I keep thinking of many ways, from individual skills (such as Probe, Assault etc), with these linking to 'new PSI attributes' (based on the schools etc).... a bit of work, so not sure if it's overkill or not.

Good question. I wouldn't overdo it in the beginning. I would compare it to i.e. bribing someone. I let my players roll "persuade" skill on SOC or INT. There is no "bribing" skill.
    I'ld keep it to the basics like "teleportation", "Telekinesis" etc...

That should make you the least of problems and keep us flexible in how we use it.

Thread Information