FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    I might also note.. wow, you got your work cut out.. lol.. you'll be well loved when you get this thing ready next year when the rules are finalized. We had a character that could inflict Stupefied with a strike. That's a messy one in the current iteration. Penalties to Spells, Spell DCs along with the stat reductions. That was messy to deal with on the fly as it didn't degrade always by one level per round (stupefied 2 to 1), while other times it did. Good luck!
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Hey Tren, we got around to playing the PT last night... the new update is outstanding!
    Thanks. Nice to know it's working well.

1) Effects that adjust base stats don't work at -1. EG: A STR 14 with an affect of STR: -1 doesn't change the modifiers.
    2) Very Minor - The Library tab toggle doesn't "unlock" the size tabs that always make sense. EG: Hit Create PC doesn't give players the Spells tab, that's only put on the side bar by hitting All.
    3) Players couldn't clear a locked target (ctrl clicked) if it was removed from the map, even using the map clear targets feature.
    1) I haven't done anything with effects yet, nor ability damage. So the code is still from PF1, which needs 2 points of ability damage to change the modifier.
    2) Thanks for the reminder. I'll add spells to the create PC button.
    3) I assume the NPC was still on the combat tracker? If so, that is standard FG functionality. You can CTRL+click in the CT to target/untarget, and also the GM can clear the target through the targeting icons in the CT. Once the creature is removed from the CT the targeting will also be removed.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I might also note.. wow, you got your work cut out.. lol.. you'll be well loved when you get this thing ready next year when the rules are finalized. We had a character that could inflict Stupefied with a strike. That's a messy one in the current iteration. Penalties to Spells, Spell DCs along with the stat reductions. That was messy to deal with on the fly as it didn't degrade always by one level per round (stupefied 2 to 1), while other times it did. Good luck!
    Thanks! I think...

Yeah, I think there are going to be a few things that will just have to be handled manually. I'd like to automate a lot of the laborious tracking, but if the rules are diverse or not repeatable then it's going to offer little reward/return on super complex coding that would probably need updating with future classes/feats/supplements...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Especially with how in flux the playtest rules are as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    No worries.

But... you should be able to enter the critters yourself. The main gotcha is to include () in an attack string if there aren't any traits for the attack. Otherwise it's pretty much copy/ paste. See the current NPCs as examples.

The main thing missing at this point is NPC spells.
    Yes, I was able to manually create all the 2nd module NPCs.

Other observations: Must remember to insert ", or" between multiple attack options. Watch out for sequence issues, eg Zakfah has "scimitar (forceful, sweep) +11," instead of "scimitar +11 (forceful, sweep)". None of the Bestiary 2ed entries have size specified eg 5/5, you have to derive the size entry from the the creature traits, eg "Chaotic Evil Gnoll Humanoid Medium" for Zakfah.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolstaf View Post
    Yes, I was able to manually create all the 2nd module NPCs.
    Nice one.

Must remember to insert ", or" between multiple attack options.
    Just use "or" not ", or".

Watch out for sequence issues, eg Zakfah has "scimitar (forceful, sweep) +11," instead of "scimitar +11 (forceful, sweep)"
    Yeah, Paizo not sticking to their own standard doesn't help. Is this the only one you've seen?

None of the Bestiary 2ed entries have size specified eg 5/5, you have to derive the size entry from the the creature traits, eg "Chaotic Evil Gnoll Humanoid Medium" for Zakfah.
    In a later release of the ruleset the size will be parsed out of the traits entry. Until then I left the space/reach fields in the NPC record to allow a size, other than the default of 5 feet, to be specified if needed.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Nice one.

Just use "or" not ", or".

Yeah, Paizo not sticking to their own standard doesn't help. Is this the only one you've seen?

In a later release of the ruleset the size will be parsed out of the traits entry. Until then I left the space/reach fields in the NPC record to allow a size, other than the default of 5 feet, to be specified if needed.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Agreed, only need the "or". And the only attack format transgressions I have found so far have been in the module itself, the Gnoll entries are both wrong, the Bestiary seems OK.

One minor point, when entering 0 as a Str/Con/Dex etc the 0 is not displayed, just a blank.

One minor point, when entering 0 as a Str/Con/Dex etc the 0 is not displayed, just a blank.
    Thanks for that. I'm working with the NPC (and Hazard) sheet right now. I've updated to display 0.

Love what we have so far. Hope we got some more stuff coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Falraen View Post
    Love what we have so far. Hope we got some more stuff coming soon!
    Minor updates today: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-on-9-18-2018

Thread Information