DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Playtest – Release 2 – August 28th.

This release contains a number of bug fixes, ruleset and data updates.

The main update being that spells and powers are in their initial release (limited functionality, beta test), including cantrips and level 1 spells from all four spell lists (arcane, divine, occult and primal). More details below.

Items of note in this release:
    • Bug fixes listed “fixed in release 2” in this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    • Playtest update v1.1 (August 27th) errata data included. Note – there is currently no automation for dying in the ruleset. This will be implemented in a later release once these rules are more stable.
    • Class feats to level 5 for all classes. Alchemist and Barbarian have feats to level 10. Additions to this are ongoing. If you really need some feats that aren't currently in the data module, they can be added through the FG interface.
    • Spells and powers implemented for PCs only (NPCs to come later).
    • Cantrips and level 1 spells available. Powers have a limited library of 3: Counter Performance, Ki Strike and Lay On Hands. Others can be added through the FG interface.

Spell and Powers – initial limited functionality, beta test release.

Spells have been implemented in a similar fashion to the original PFRPG Pathfinder ruleset, with a few differences:
    • Completely redesigned spell record.
    • Spell class contains Playtest rules specific information – spell roll and DC calculations, with key ability and proficiency.
    • Spells go to level 10.
    • Spell Resistance and Caster level checks have been removed.
    • Powers have a slightly modified view, tracking spells point use.

Gotchas!
    This is the first release in beta test, with limited functionality, and it does contain some gotchas to be aware of (and probably the odd bug).

• There is a small amount of automation in the spell class and power class, but not much. The player will need to check and amend data as necessary.
    • During character creation, when a new class is added, the spell class and power class, if appropriate, will be added to the PC actions tab. A best guess at the initial data will be made. Check this and amend as necessary. Some data needs to be amended based of: bard first compositions, cleric deity and domain selected, druid order selected, sorcerer bloodline selected and wizard school selected.
    • Currently there are only cantrips (level 0) and level 1 spells in the library module. More will be added later.
    • Only 3 power records are provided: Counter Performance, Ki Strike and Lay On Hands.
    • The GM can add additional spells and powers through the FG interface.
    • The ruleset is based on the current Pathfinder ruleset and it makes an attempt to parse keywords from the spell when it is added to the actions tab. This parsing crates a base “Cast” action (attack or save) and additional damage, heal or effect action. The Pathfinder Playtest spells and powers use different wording and terminology, so many of these actions aren’t created correctly or at all. Some basic changes have been made to the code for some identification, but there are many saves/attacks that aren’t currently recognized as the save wording is quite different between spells. This code will be updated and refined over the duration of the playtest.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 4th, 2018 at 21:48.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Videos:
    - Overview of spells as part of creating an example wizard: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14v...OyaVTbvaBkLj8o
    - Powers overview. Creating a level 1 Paladin example: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11L...mE1ytucXHOA6BI

Underdevelopment (not currently available)
    • Spells and powers parsing and further automation.
    • Death/Recovery rolls. Awaiting further Paizo changes to the base rules.
    • Archetypes. Currently feat entries available (informational as of release 2c). No automation/parsing of archetype feats.
    • Rolling of abilities.
    • Resistances, Weaknesses and Immunities automation.
    • Expanded weapon trait automation. Currently Deadly and Fatal work for PCs and NPCs.
    • Hazard records and automation.
    • Hero Points.
    • Magic items and resonance.
    • Affliction records and tracking (diseases, poisons, etc.). (Release 2b - informational only Affliction records available)
    • Expanded Critical success, success, failure and critical failure automation.
    • Advanced NPC functionality. (Release 2b - spells and powers available for NPCs).
    • Selective initiative rolling – select Perception, Stealth or another skill before rolling.
    • Effects and conditions.
    • Expanded PC action records.
    • Human ethnicities.
    • Party Sheet.
    • PC mini sheet.
    • Advanced NPC functionality.
    • Limited feat automation.

Core Data Module
    A core data modules is provided, that should be shared with the players. This contains the following data:
    1. Classes (all 12 are there)
    - Character build tracker should work for each.
    - Character Class Features through level 20 are included for each and displayed in the tracker log.
    2. Items are loaded
    - Weapons dragged to inventory add the Attack Actions automatically
    - Armor dragged to inventory updates the defenses accordingly
    - Items add to the bulk
    3. Backgrounds are included and used in character building
    4. Ancestries included (all races)
    - These set base HP, speed, etc.
    - They add racial features to the character sheet when drag and dropped
    5. Feats (currently approx 700)
    - Includes general feats
    - includes all Ancestry feats
    - Feats to level 20 for all classes. (Release 2c).
    - Archetype feat. (Release 2c).
    6. Skills are listed in the reference manual. These are marked as Incomplete so we can accommodate Skill actions in the future.
    7. Traits are fully entered from the Playtest Rulebook and Bestiary. (Release 2b + Items in 2c).
    8. Cantrips and level 1 spells. Only 3 powers.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 12th, 2018 at 07:18.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe!
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b
    Roll Player Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y399kffz
    Rangers of Shadow Deep Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/rnyrgwg

Cool. It's nice to see the beginning of the spells implementation.

Is there a schedule for the addition of the 2nd Module of the playtest adventure? Sorry initial question was badly worded.
    Last edited by Bolstaf; August 29th, 2018 at 01:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolstaf View Post
    Is there a schedule for the addition of the 2nd Module NPCs to the Module?
    No fixed schedule. Hopefully soon... once I've added spells to NPCs.

OK thanks, glad you could understand my hopelessly worded question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolstaf View Post
    OK thanks, glad you could understand my hopelessly worded question.
    No worries.

But... you should be able to enter the critters yourself. The main gotcha is to include () in an attack string if there aren't any traits for the attack. Otherwise it's pretty much copy/ paste. See the current NPCs as examples.

The main thing missing at this point is NPC spells.

Awesome Work!

I have a question, is there a way to write an effect for sneak attack that only adds damage if the [FF] modifier is activated on the attack? I just thought it would be useful since we have a way to say this attack was vs [FF] already built in.

Thanks

Hey Tren, we got around to playing the PT last night... the new update is outstanding!

Couple of things:
    1) Effects that adjust base stats don't work at -1. EG: A STR 14 with an affect of STR: -1 doesn't change the modifiers.
    2) Very Minor - The Library tab toggle doesn't "unlock" the size tabs that always make sense. EG: Hit Create PC doesn't give players the Spells tab, that's only put on the side bar by hitting All.
    3) Players couldn't clear a locked target (ctrl clicked) if it was removed from the map, even using the map clear targets feature.

Most of the other requests are basically things everyone is looking forward to are under development (like shield ready on action, action tracking, features instead of always using spells, etc). There is the occasional odd format glitching that tends to clear up when I try to reopen it. If I catch one on the fly again and can consistently recreate, I'll give an example but it feels pretty minor since it cleans up on next open so far.

As always, much appreciated! Looking forward to the next installment!
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thread Information