5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Is a chat window reload extension even possible?

I have a group that plays with several users from around the world and so often has users logging in and out. Of course when they re-log to the server the chat window is empty. Is there anyway to build an extension that would allow the logged in player to load that info from the chat window and reopen maps and images without the game master re-pushing everything? I did a fairly extensive search of the extensions and did not see one. So I suspect it may not even be possible?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetis_39 View Post
    I have a group that plays with several users from around the world and so often has users logging in and out. Of course when they re-log to the server the chat window is empty. Is there anyway to build an extension that would allow the logged in player to load that info from the chat window and reopen maps and images without the game master re-pushing everything? I did a fairly extensive search of the extensions and did not see one. So I suspect it may not even be possible?

Thanks
    Welcome Thetis_39 - I dont believe this is possible.
    The Windows and Maps that have been shared are still shared so the player can manually open these without GM intervention but nothing to open them all automatically.
    The Chat Log is saved as a HTML file so could be shared to players outside FG.

Thanks for the info. Appreciated.

Try this extension https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...D%29-Extension

It pops up a message whenever a player joins. You could link the current map to it and any important images. It will also likely be the only story entry the player’s will have so will be easier to find than an image in a bunch of other images.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information