DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last

Mongoose Traveller 1st Edition Bug Reports Thread

Hi, I'm after first session and have some questions:

1. Why when charateristic have 16 DM=0? In my opinion (and soourcebook) should be +3
    2. Why on main sheet in armour box is all my equipment (without weapons )?
    3. When I delete weapon from equipment, it still is in action sheet
    4. When I export module and check Pregenerated Characters (I do myself PC and want make full module witch characters) - they don't copy
    5. Why for range weapon in Action Sheet I have attack -3?
    6. What solution you propose for skills which have two characteristic eg. Mechanic - Intelligence or Education, and eg. Medic. I must change attribute before test?

I am having issues where when you put a character in the combat tracker their weapons doesn't show up. Also, when you equip a weapon it isn't automatically populating the skill. I can fix that by manually typing, but it should be automatic. Another thing, if you want to add a new weapon you don't get the same options when creating an item as the base items. For example, laser pistol which is part of the base book has a place for ammunition. A new weapon, you don't get to add that data other than in the comments section. The same with whether it is an auto weapon and the cost of ammo.
    Last edited by Elvedui; September 1st, 2018 at 15:27.

Hey, maybe someone answer on my questions? One week has passed, I will start with new session and I need some answers.

@Girwan,
    I don't have the answers to your questions, but I've forwarded via e-mail to the developer of the ruleset. I know he has been travelling recently during summer break.

@watters,
    PC weapons/abilities/spells do not show up in the combat tracker for any ruleset on FG. The reason is that PCs are much more complex in RPG game systems than NPCs; and there's no way to easily translate that into a simple list in the combat tracker. To use PCs as a GM, just click the link and use the PC sheet.

For the other skill item, as I mentioned above, I've forwarded this thread to the ruleset developer.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Girwan View Post
    Hi, I'm after first session and have some questions:

1. Why when charateristic have 16 DM=0? In my opinion (and soourcebook) should be +3
    2. Why on main sheet in armour box is all my equipment (without weapons )?
    3. When I delete weapon from equipment, it still is in action sheet
    4. When I export module and check Pregenerated Characters (I do myself PC and want make full module witch characters) - they don't copy
    5. Why for range weapon in Action Sheet I have attack -3?
    6. What solution you propose for skills which have two characteristic eg. Mechanic - Intelligence or Education, and eg. Medic. I must change attribute before test?
    Good Morning,

First off, apologies for missing this thread. I did a sweep of the board not so long ago, but either missed this or it was posted just after. Thanks to MoonWizard for emailing me.

1. This was fixed in 1.0.6 of the ruleset, which you should already have (I presume you're on 1.0.6a). Change the characteristic from 16 to something else and then change back, the MOD should be updated.
    2. Only Armour should be on that list, can you show me a screen shot please or let me have a list of the equipment that 'leaks' onto it. The Armour box uses a filter to display the correct content (or should!)
    3. Ok that's a bug, it should be deleting it.
    4. Pre-gen is very new, I'll have to see how it 'works' and if required, activate it to work with this ruleset (I'll email today about it to FG)
    5. This could be because it can't find the correct skill to use. Which weapons are you dragging across and what skills do you have (screen shots would be ace here)
    6. That's the idea, change the skill to use the required characteristic before you roll. Most skills hardly change which characteristic, but some do. If you can think of a nicer mechanic then let me know.

I'll add the bugs to my workload and get them sorted asap for you.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by watters View Post
    I am having issues where when you put a character in the combat tracker their weapons doesn't show up. Also, when you equip a weapon it isn't automatically populating the skill. I can fix that by manually typing, but it should be automatic. Another thing, if you want to add a new weapon you don't get the same options when creating an item as the base items. For example, laser pistol which is part of the base book has a place for ammunition. A new weapon, you don't get to add that data other than in the comments section. The same with whether it is an auto weapon and the cost of ammo.
    Hello as with Girwan an apology for my lack of answering (stupid school holidays over here still).

1. When you drag characters over to the CT, the weapons don't show up: They're on the character sheet. NPC attacks do.
    2. Also, when you equip a weapon it isn't automatically populating the skill: As with Girwan here, it could be it's not finding the correct skill**
    3. f you want to add a new weapon you don't get the same options when creating an item as the base items: Which type and subtype are you using, these dictate which 'fields' are shown.

** When it comes to Weapons and dragging over for skills, a 'text' check is made, ie 'This is a ranged weapon that fires bullets' so must use this skill of 'Gun Combat (Slug)', if it's not sure what ammo type it uses, it can't match the correct skill. My plans for 1.0.8. is to add against EACH weapon which skill to link it to, rather than guessing.

So if you can answer with screen shots please, I'll sort these issues.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Sorry it is still not clear to me how to deal with PC weapons on the CT. Obviously, I see them on the character sheet so do I roll the attack from the character sheet then and not the combat tracker. I am used to other rulesets so not sure how to do combat in the traveler ruleset.

3. I created a laser pistol variant for example. I typed the same information that was on laser pistol. Maybe drop down menus would be helpful so there is no guessing on the part of a GM who is trying to add new items.

Sorry it is still not clear to me how to deal with PC weapons on the CT. Obviously, I see them on the character sheet so do I roll the attack from the character sheet then and not the combat tracker. I am used to other rulesets so not sure how to do combat in the traveler ruleset.
    As Moon Wizard mentions above - it is standard functionality in all major Fantasy Grounds rulesets not to have PC attacks/actions in the combat tracker. The GM needs to open the PC sheet and roll from there. This is the same for D&D 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, etc., etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries

3. I created a laser pistol variant for example. I typed the same information that was on laser pistol. Maybe drop down menus would be helpful so there is no guessing on the part of a GM who is trying to add new items.
    Most of the rulesets do not have PC actions on the CT. Players act off their Character Sheets and the GM acts off the Combat Tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    6. That's the idea, change the skill to use the required characteristic before you roll. Most skills hardly change which characteristic, but some do. If you can think of a nicer mechanic then let me know.
    Yeah, I was thinking about this as well. Two solutions I thought of: have buttons on the bottom of the screen (similar to the task difficulty) that will over-ride the characteristic modifier for the next skill roll only, or have the player hold Shift while rolling, and it will pop up a dialog to select the attribute to use for this roll. I think I actually prefer the former...

A couple more suggestions for your list (not bugs per se, but stuff that should be changed):

• Add links to the skills on the career tables, so when you roll, it puts the link to the skill right into the chat box, ready to drag and drop.
    • For the "Physical Science", "Space Science", etc skills, their description is just "See the Science skill" - this makes having the link on the character sheet pretty much useless. Each of those skills should have the description from the Science skill within the skill itself (leaving out the "other" skills) so that players can just click on the link and get the apropos description.

Thread Information