STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 16 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    Just tried to check the weapons skill but can't get my head around it.

Here's what I did:

• I deleted the "Assault Rifle" item and the "Gun Combat (slug rifle)" skill, as I realized, that I wrote slug rifle without capital letters.
    • Then I added "Gun Combat" skill and edited the term "(Slug Rifle)" to it, to have it written as it is written in the "Assault Rifle" item.
    • I then added the item "Assault Rifle".

Sadly, the Action Tab still don't recognize the skill, it's still set to -3 (and this char has Jack of all Trades 1)

What am I doing wrong?
    TIA for any hints.
    cya
    Can you zip up your Campaign and get it over to me please so I can look for you?

I can make sure that the 'skill' it looks like don't need the Capital Letters etc, is (slug rifle). At the moment it looks for the skill the same as the item in the data, ie 'Gun Combat (Slug Rifle)' if it doesn't find that it looks for 'Gun Combat (Slug Rifles)' and if it doesn't find that, it looks for 'Gun Combat' after that 'Jack of all trades'.

Cheers
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Same. I've tried every variation I could think of. Slug Rifle. slug rifle. Slug rifle. Slug Rifles. Various combinations of capitalisation. Skill never applies to weapon. Also sometimes when I delete a weapon it won't let me add the same weapon again.
    'Gun Combat (Slug Pistol)' is the name of the skill it looks for, not '(Slug Pistol)'

Which weapons won't it allow you to add, all it does it look into the list and if it's there at adds it again (ie you'll have 2 x Pistols).
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Might I make a suggestion? Try not to rely on a specific case format when matching strings. I'd recommend converting these to all lower case before/while using any code to match a string to a skill name or similar comparisons/matches. You can use String.lower(s) or s:lower() - where "s" is the string variable. Search the 5E ruleset for :lower to find many examples of this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Might I make a suggestion? Try not to rely on a specific case format when matching strings. I'd recommend converting these to all lower case before/while using any code to match a string to a skill name or similar comparisons/matches. You can use String.lower(s) or s:lower() - where "s" is the string variable. Search the 5E ruleset for :lower to find many examples of this.
    Morning chap...

Code:
    if DB.getValue(vSkill, "name", ""):lower() == "jack of all trades" then
                    nBaseSkill = DB.getValue(vSkill, "level", -3);
                    sSkillLink = vSkill.getPath();
                    break;
                end
    Already started....

Cheers

Trying to toggle on Chat: Show GM rolls gets an error popup:
    Script Error: [string "ps/scripts/ps_main.lua"]:19 attempt to index global 'hiderollreults' (a nil value)
    Was trying to show a player that my rolls weren't any better than hers were.

Maybe you can just add slug rifle, laser pistol or the subskills as drop down selections so people don't need to figure out how to spell or format things for those skills that have sub-specialties.

Quote Originally Posted by watters View Post
    Maybe you can just add slug rifle, laser pistol or the subskills as drop down selections so people don't need to figure out how to spell or format things for those skills that have sub-specialties.
    I spoke about doing similar, but was told (which I agree with), if I fix them, then you won't be able to add new weapon skills and attach them to new weapons, for example, some nice ancient alien races blasters.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by sjard View Post
    Trying to toggle on Chat: Show GM rolls gets an error popup:

Was trying to show a player that my rolls weren't any better than hers were.
    Let me add that to my list to look at and fix for the next update coming this month.

Cheers,
    MBM

Sorry to add another one, fairly minor, but just noticed it as I was entering world data. Size A 16,00km. I think it's missing a zero there.

fgtravworlds.JPG

The simple solution to adding new weapons & equipment is make a copy of the Type of Item you wish then the Related skill is already there.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Thread Information