DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    Based on the feedback so far, 5:30 PM GMT unfortunately won't work for some players, so I'll stick with 2 PM GMT.
    No problem Stephan. I understand planning is difficult with various time zones. I'm new to Starfinder/Pathfinder, which is why I was pumped to join in on this upcoming game. I read through the core rulebook and have played 3rd Edition DnD in the past and am currently active in a FG 5e group, so I have a decent understanding of the software and how game-play generally works. The chronicle thing is new to me. From what I read it serves as a "save point" for my character as I play through these 1 shot scenarios such as this one correct? I read through this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iety-(Players), but every time I try to access the linked Paizo site it is always undergoing maintenance. Is the society number required?Also where can a newbie access a clean chronicle sheet and what ever other record keeping sheets that are needed? Thanks in advance!
    “When you're backed against the wall, break the goddamn thing down.”
    ― Harvey Specter

I have a lvl 2 soldier. Working on applying the lvl up from my last session now. I was considering a combat feat from the additional resources but not having played on Fantasy Grounds was wondering if I need to stick to the core rule book.

No, as long as it's mentioned as SFS legal in the Additional Ressources, it shoud be OK.

I would have Pact Worlds on FG if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jgreishaw View Post
    No problem Stephan. I understand planning is difficult with various time zones. I'm new to Starfinder/Pathfinder, which is why I was pumped to join in on this upcoming game. I read through the core rulebook and have played 3rd Edition DnD in the past and am currently active in a FG 5e group, so I have a decent understanding of the software and how game-play generally works. The chronicle thing is new to me. From what I read it serves as a "save point" for my character as I play through these 1 shot scenarios such as this one correct? I read through this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iety-(Players), but every time I try to access the linked Paizo site it is always undergoing maintenance. Is the society number required?Also where can a newbie access a clean chronicle sheet and what ever other record keeping sheets that are needed? Thanks in advance!
    Alright. Basically chronicles allow you to go with your character to different GMs and be able to contine where you left off, so the save point metaphor works well.

It's also a formalized way of gaining XP, credits, ... Instead of receiving them (permanently) when you defeat enemies or find a treasure hoard, you get them at the end of the session. Unfortunately this requires some record-keeping but it's necessary so that your progress doesn't depend on a particular GM's goodwill.

Unfortunately the paizo site has been down for some time this week, if you really want to and are able to play this shouldn't be a hindrance though.

You technically need a society number but due to the site being down I expect some leeway in this regard.

Chronicle sheets are always provided after the session by the GM, so you don't have to worry about that as a player. If it's your very first session with a character, the GM needs player name, character name, organized play #, character # and faction though. After your first session, you would usually just show your GM your last chronicle sheet in order to have access to this and other necessary information.

You would usually also need an Inventory Tracking Sheet (also from the paizo website)but a form-fillable version can also be found here.

Currently six spots filled (four accepted on the game calendar, 2 outside the FG forum). i'm not entirely sure however whether jgreishaw will be able to make the 2 PM GMT start time. There's also always the very real possibility of people dropping out.

As some players have a game immediately afterward, I'll try to keep the game time not longer than 4 hours, so please be sure to be there on time.

It hasn't been a problem so far but just in case: Please be aware that a younger player will be participting, so please bear that in mind while playing (language, ...).

I still have some preregistered Society numbers, so I could give you one of those if the Paizo site doesn't come back online before the game.
    (These are player numbers that have been reserved for people who show up as new players at an event. They come with a confirmation code that can be used to link that number to the new player's Paizo account later.)
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

I would have taken you up on your offer but it seems that since about 1/2 hour ago, the paizo site seems to be working again.

@everyone: Sorry for the conflicting information but the two people that couldn't make 5:30 pm GMT would now be able to make it. Therefore the question again: Would anyone be opposed to a 5:30 PM starting time or would you prefer around 2 PM GMT?

@jgreishaw: In case we start around 2 PM GMT: Should I still consider your spot taken or would the spot be available to other people?

On the positive side: Prep is pretty much complete. I took the liberty to make one random roll for the scenario already so you don't have to sit 5-10 minutes while I calculate the adjistments. Trust me when I say I wouldn't have chosen the result voluntarily.

5:30 pm GMT could get a bit late for me, but it should still work. If everybody else agrees to it, I won't be against it.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

I know, I'm in the same boat. We'll see what the others say.

For the more experienced players: As after The Commencement we'll be in non-repeatable scenario territory, you can let me know which scenarios you already played. I can't make any promises that I won't run them but I can at least take it under consideration.

Don't worry. I think there's enough interest that I can skip scenarios I have already played without there being any danger of the game not filling up
    Also, I suppose I can run a few scenarios sometimes, just need the time to prep ^^ And I have a GM nova replay I can use on particularly interesting scenarios (well, one for now, but that might change).

(fyi, at this point, I have played 1-00, 1-01, 1-02, 1-03, 1-04, 1-05, 1-06, 1-07, 1-08, 1-09, 1-10, 1-12, 1-14, 1-15, 1-16)
    - Abraham Lincoln

Alright, well, I can try to sprinkle in some later scenarios. Might be some time though before we reach tier 3-6, let alone 5-8. Maybe Live Exploration Extreme! and then Duskmire Accord 9.

Start time: It was a relatively close decision but a majority would only be able to/would prefer around 2 PM GMT, so we'll stick with that.

If someone needs the server up for character creation (alias can be found under GM Announcements in the lower right corner of the game calendar), we'll find some suitable time. With the exception of Armory I should have the relevant FG modules. If you include stuff from the armory, make sure to also include the relevant descriptive text.

Thread Information