FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Starship Design Studio ~ Build PC Starship Tutorial

Hey Everyone ..

Starship Design Studio is now finished , I am building tutorials on the program ... first one is building a PC starship..

I know there are a lot of net based apps that calculate starships but Starship Design Studio will build PC, NPC and PC style NPC ships and export a module of the ship into Fantasy Grounds..
    It calculates all your DC's and builds them into the starship sheet for easy references. Everything is included from power cores housings , custom frames, buying extra mounts, all the countermeasures and security items..

Ill be adding the rest of the tutorials in a few days.. I was hoping the starship section would be finalized before I finished as IM sure the xml file format may change and ill have to re write .. but right now there is no combat tracker and that is why a PC style NPC ship can be exported .

Ill be releasing Starship Design Studio soon as I get compatibility license from Piazo and a few more details finished up..

let me know what you think ..

here is the first tutorial https://youtu.be/PCu-0IPqMeI Starship Design Studio Tutorial 1 Building a PC starship

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Looks really good. Can't wait to add the gem to my arsenal.

Blog Entries
    Hey Octavious, that looks very good. Well done.

Hey Thanks ! spent a lot of time on it .. and it does save lots of time.. ill get the rest of the tutorials up in a few days..

Hey Octavious this looks amazing and cant wait to get a copy and try it out.

Looks awesome! Definitely going to give it a go.

I wish I could get my hands on this now! Looks like a awesome program.

I am actually finished with it.. and can release it.. I have been given permission by Fantasy grounds for using their file formats,, and Paizo gave me permission to release it under their community use policy as long as I release it for free... and I will,, but Im not sure if they really understand what the program does and includes .. I have included.. all the weapons , frames computers shields and such from the rule book to make the ship . So Im not sure if Im breaking any copyright laws by doing so.. by releasing the program to the public.. There are web based ship builders that include items from the rule book as well.. and they have not been shut down..

So in conclusion this week I am going to try to contact them with the program to make sure they understand what it does.. and get a second confirmation..

As an Addition to Starship Design Studio I am coding a Starfinder Starship combat tracker as a companion to the editor. This tracker is for the GM and handle the complete ship combat with as many ship as you want. This one Im coding in C# .. I would like to work on the fantasy ground tracker.. but I just have no patience for trial and error coding without a proper SDK for the API . so there ya go. Anyway the tracker will not have any proprietary info in it so I can release it with no permissions from anyone.. Most likely ill have it finished in a few months..

Sweet! I can not wait to see it.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

If you have the community use ok, personally I'd still put in an OGL statement just to CYA since most if the items you listed sould be open content. Only the Drift is trade dress and that should be covered under the Community use. But, I am not a lawyer and talking to them would be the best idea.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Thread Information