STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    If you have the community use ok, personally I'd still put in an OGL statement just to CYA since most if the items you listed sould be open content. Only the Drift is trade dress and that should be covered under the Community use. But, I am not a lawyer and talking to them would be the best idea.
    Thanks for the info Blahness I have the OGL and the community use in the program as well as the FG release on a splash screen that appears before the program runs , can check it to not see again but the program makes sure whomever runs it sees that on start up .. I have called them but they always refer me to the email ,, so ill try again .. but thanks for the reply.

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

So checked everywhere on the forum is this still a thing? just recently got into Starfinder on FGU and was looking for some tools to help create starships?

Hi xorne68,

Yes it is done but I have not released it .. It works great windows 7 and 10 ,, I have not messed with it in a about a year so unless the xml file format of fantasy ground has not changed it should work.. and exports ships (PC and NPC) directly to FG

I have done a lot of "freeware' in the far past for other types of games etc. but it seems the RPG world appears to be way too finicky and touchy about Proprietary Property even if its remote and second hand to the second hand so to speak.. I decided to save myself the aggravation of getting grief and not release it at all.. Its too bad cause I worked for 6 months on the thing , I have a few tutorials on you tube to show it does work..

In all fairness Smite Works did give permission to use the file format but the snag is from Paizo.. I could never get an answer from them so I said the heck with it ..If I could ever get anything definitive from them I would release it.If anyone has any suggestions on how to get some kind of an answer from those people let know . Its typical .. cant get an answer on this but if I released it and unknowingly stepped on their toes so to speak Im sure they would be on me like stink on you know what .

The real nice part about the program is it calculates all the DC for every thing and I mean everything. You can export as an NPC, a PC or a NPC PC type ship.. Another part is every party member can have a Starship Design Studio file of their ship and can discuss what upgrades they want right from the program . if you up a tier on the ship just up the tier and export to FG .. its done in a few minutes including all the DC. I can go on but look at the tuts and judge for yourself.

here is the you tube links for the tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCu-0IPqMeI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaxgdGwCMy8

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

That's a shame Octavious very impressive work. I would agree with you the gaming community is a bit fickle on intellectual properties and everyone wanting their piece of the pie. To bad it boils down to that instead of remembering why we do gaming in the first place, for fun. Anyways thanks so much for the information and fantastic work on the program.

@Octavious, it IS impressive. Pretty sure that you can release anything that's free as long as the OGL is included and you're not using Paizo artwork. If the information is on Archives of Nethys or the like, then it's freely available. It's only when you start charging that things get complicated. Nickela's spreadsheet, James Turner's online designer, along with all of PCGen fall under this type of work. All this with the understanding that I'm NOT a lawyer .

And I would have HIGHLY encouraged you to release it until I saw the changes in the Community Use Policy.

Thread Information