5E Character Create Playlist
Page 11 of 18 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
    hidden rolls for the characters without them knowing they're being checked. It's probably been suggested before, and I know there's other ways of doing this but it would be damn convenient to do a passive perception check right from the interface. Thoughts on that?
    This is standard in FG. Use the party sheet - the main tab has a number of checks at the bottom - set the DC and check type and roll for all PCs in the Party Sheet. This will be a secret roll - unless you have the "Show GM rolls" option set to "On", if you do, make sure the eye icon to the left of the party sheet checks is greyed out.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is standard in FG. Use the party sheet - the main tab has a number of checks at the bottom - set the DC and check type and roll for all PCs in the Party Sheet. This will be a secret roll - unless you have the "Show GM rolls" option set to "On", if you do, make sure the eye icon to the left of the party sheet checks is greyed out.
    Right, but, I’d like to see it also integrated in this extension because there would be value in having it as the one-stop shop for rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
    Forgive me please; I didn't read through all of the posts but in a recent session I thought of something else that I'd love to see this extension do: hidden rolls for the characters without them knowing they're being checked. It's probably been suggested before, and I know there's other ways of doing this but it would be damn convenient to do a passive perception check right from the interface. Thoughts on that?
    Just curious, but why are you rolling for passive Perception checks? the way they are described in the PHB is:
    Code:
    A passive check is a special kind of ability check that doesn't involve any die rolls. Such a check can represent the average result for a task done repeatedly, such as searching for secret doors over and over again, or can be used when the DM wants to secretly determine whether the characters succeed at something without rolling dice, such as noticing a hidden monster.

Here's how to determine a character's total for a passive check: 10 + all modifiers that normally apply to the check
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Well there you go. Guess you learn something every day! I’m new to DM’ing: I only have about 6 or 7 sessions under my belt at this point. Cheers.

It would be really sweet if this extension had theme support for Simple Gray and Simple Brown. Does anyone know if anyone has created an add-on extension for this to add more theme support? This is the only part of my GUI that isn't consistent with my theme.

Quote Originally Posted by EX0stasis View Post
    It would be really sweet if this extension had theme support for Simple Gray and Simple Brown. Does anyone know if anyone has created an add-on extension for this to add more theme support? This is the only part of my GUI that isn't consistent with my theme.
    Can you post a screen? I just want to know how it looks now
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:
    D&D 5e - "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist"

Language: Italian

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    Can you post a screen? I just want to know how it looks now
    Here's some screenshots for each theme. The main practical issue is that the selected button style for the Simple Gray theme is hard to see. The rest is just a matter of aesthetics and making everything look perfect.

Simple Gray Theme
    Annotation 2019-07-11 043555.png (Sidebar Icon)
    Annotation 2019-07-11 153355.png (Hovered)
    Annotation 2019-07-11 153328.png (Selected)

Simple Brown Theme
    Annotation 2019-07-11 153351.png (Sidebar Icon)
    Annotation 2019-07-11 153341.png (Hovered)

I didn't include a 6th screenshot because (a) it actually looked fine, and (b) these forums limit me to 5 images per post.

This is one of my favorite extensions. If someone were able to add support for other rulesets like Pathfinder or Starfinder, would you be interested in pulling in the changes? Maybe allow anyone willing to do so to pick your brain a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallussed View Post
    This is one of my favorite extensions. If someone were able to add support for other rulesets like Pathfinder or Starfinder, would you be interested in pulling in the changes? Maybe allow anyone willing to do so to pick your brain a bit?
    I'm not against it. But I'll not be able to support Pathfinder with newer versions. The risk is that I will break it
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:
    D&D 5e - "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist"

Language: Italian

I just read this post from beginning to end. I can't wait to DL it and give it a try.

Thread Information