Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    ... the average customer wouldn't be looking for the x64 exe to run.
    I don't think you necessarily meant that as a compliment, but I'm taking it that way!

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    ... We are working very hard towards a working Alpha build of FGU by the end of this summer. We were shooting for an internal date of end-of-August, but we are not there yet.

• FGC works in 32-bit if you take steps to manage memory usage.
    • FGU getting released this year is critical to continued growth and momentum of Fantasy Grounds
    • FGC64 is a nice to have for the continued support of FGC going forward but it is not critical. We will work on it as time permits and I expect fully that it will be available before the end of this year but only after FGU launches its Kickstarter.
    Thanks for that, Doug. Having a timetable, even if it is fuzzy around the edges, is great. I'm looking forward to the Kickstarter, and I'm ready for you to "shut up and take my money."

But don't shut up, I appreciate the communication.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    ... Moon Wizard is much more cautious because those seemingly minor items could end up being a giant rabbit hole of research and development. We are working very hard towards a working Alpha build of FGU by the end of this summer. We were shooting for an internal date of end-of-August, but we are not there yet.
    I want to know if Moon just decided he needs a vacation! Hopefully he's not beating his head against a wall!!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Or even able to find the executable
    This, oh my god this. I had two completely computer illiterate players recently (both a good 4-8 years younger than me too). It was was a really weird experience.

Also, you directed me to the wrong thread before :P

Blog Entries
    Am curious to know, the x64 binary is no longer there with the 3.3.7 upgrade. Am guessing this is because it led to too much grief and therefore was pulled?

It led to many support issues, and raised another factor that had to be checked in every support situation. Given that the binary had known deficiencies and that it was not currently on our priority list to address, it made more sense to take it down than to leave it up. Plus, the changes we made in v3.3.7 resolve the majority (but not all) of the player-side memory issues.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reply. Good to know.

Thread Information