FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Out of curiosity, how are you planning to do Ability Score generation?

@tahl_liadon:

Thanks for the explanation and dodging spoilers. I’m very excited about the collaborative survival and exploration start of this AP!

In the hopes that the game scheduling meets my availability, I’d like to toss in my first character concept:

The son of an elven weaponsmith in Almas who has been making fine blades for the Eagle Knights Navy, I would be joining the expedition at the recommendation of my father to start my smithy in the remote port, aiming to produce unique Azlant inspired weapons for the Navy.

My trait campaign would be Resourceful and I would be an elven Magus.

If this concept doesn’t fit well with the rest of the party, l will change it. I would prefer to avoid divine casters though; I’ve been playing too many of them lately. The second campaign trait that caught my eye was Azlanti Scholar.

@kung-fu joe:

ability scores: point buy, high fantasy, 20.

with exception with ability scores, most if not all situations for campaign, will use standard pathfinder rules.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

I would be interested in joining the Tuesday Night crew, so long as it is after 7pm. I would be also interested in playing a Blossoming Light Cleric of Shelyn.

those at possible tue evening table plz pm me your email. i’ll start a google folder for you to drop in your pc ideas for review.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Hmmmm... To my fellow Tuesdayers who have submitted character concepts, may I humbly suggest you re-read GM’s opening post on this thread? Some quotes from his post:

“1st level pc scores may not be:
    - lower than 8 after racial modifier
    - higher than 16, after racial modifier”

And

”rule books: all outlined/suggested in ap player’s guide (tbd if others are needed) — important: it’s up to candidates to review the player’s guide thoroughly, and know what source books are available for play; you will waste both yours and my time, and will disappoint yourself, working off other source books”

And finally:

”download player’s guide from paizo and give it a good read, at least twice”

To context that last point, we have applied and been selected to settle the remote remains of Azlant. I imagine we are like early European settlers coming to America...

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery View Post
    Hmmmm... To my fellow Tuesdayers who have submitted character concepts, may I humbly suggest you re-read GM’s opening post on this thread? Some quotes from his post:

“1st level pc scores may not be:
    - lower than 8 after racial modifier
    - higher than 16, after racial modifier”
    Thanks for the reminder! I was re-working an old concept for this character, and forgot to tweak the ability scores. I'll make those amendations, now.

And

”rule books: all outlined/suggested in ap player’s guide (tbd if others are needed) — important: it’s up to candidates to review the player’s guide thoroughly, and know what source books are available for play; you will waste both yours and my time, and will disappoint yourself, working off other source books”
    Here, my choice of sourcebooks may or may not fall within this category. The ARG certainly has quite a number of options which might not really fit this Adventure Path, but I thought that a Merfolk character would work well with the setting and within the parameters laid out in the Ruins of Azlant PG. However, if tahl_liadon should object, I'll be happy to switch to an Undine character.

My other questionable sourcebook would be Pathfinder Unchained for the Unchained Monk. Personally, I feel that the Core version of the class is somewhat underwhelming, and that the Unchained version is a much better take on how monks should be handled, but I'll switch to Core should the GM prefer.

And finally:

”download player’s guide from paizo and give it a good read, at least twice”

To context that last point, we have applied and been selected to settle the remote remains of Azlant. I imagine we are like early European settlers coming to America...
    Here, I agree. The PG notes that we were recruited in Almas, in the nation of Andoran, and explicitly notes that characters can have originated almost anywhere in the world so long as they can reasonably have made their way to Almas. I think my character concept will fit that bill, but-- again-- I am prepared to change it, should the GM object.

Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Fu Joe View Post
    The ARG certainly has quite a number of options which might not really fit this Adventure Path, but I thought that a Merfolk character would work well with the setting and within the parameters laid out in the Ruins of Azlant PG. However, if tahl_liadon should object, I'll be happy to switch to an Undine character.
    While it's true that the RoA Player's Guide leaves the door open to "any race that could be found in Almas", the section about races on Page 7 uses merfolks as an example of an exotic race not fitting at the start...

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery View Post
    While it's true that the RoA Player's Guide leaves the door open to "any race that could be found in Almas", the section about races on Page 7 uses merfolks as an example of an exotic race not fitting at the start...
    Yep. I've been discussing it with tahl_liadon. He seems open to the idea, provided I'm prepared to roleplay the Merfolk restrictions properly.

To my fellow Tuesdayers: I'm always a sucker for tying character backstories to create deeper bonds in the party. In his current backstory draft, my elven weaponsmith has been in Almas for 130 years. If you'd like to tie our characters, have a look at Seldlathel on the Google Drive, and send me a PM. We'll figure a common story.

Thread Information