Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bug with targeting for GM's in the combat tracker

So every since the patch 3 weeks ago, I have had a bug, not sure if anyone experienced it. The Combat Tracker from the DM side, target window is covered up by the other tabs when multiple tabs are open instead of panning down. as shown on the Character Dragan Melair in the following image. If there is a fix other than closing the other tabs or a fix that would be fantastic.

https://i.gyazo.com/d5b932aa11fbf244...9e1a6c1700.png

I've just checked (5E running the Wizards theme) and this works OK for me. Are you using any extensions? If not, what versions of both the 5E and CoreRPG ruleset are reported in the chat window?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Im guessing one of the big font extensions? I know I was looking at starting to use one, but IU don't think any of them are yet good with 3.3.6 because of issues like this. Not sure though...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It's not a font extension. I have the same problem, even with no extensions or themes loaded, for my 3.5e campaign. All 5 sections of each entry in the CT open on top of each other.

I'm not seeing this either. I'd suggest finding the CoreRPG.pak and 5E.pak or PFRPG.pak (whichever ruleset is showing the issue) in the FGData/rulesets folder and delete them; then do an update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Or if you have any rulesets extracted into folders, delete those folders.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The users who are having issues - post what versions of the rulesets you're using, as reported by FG in the chat window after loading a campaign. There'll usually be at least two - CoreRPG + another.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 25th, 2018 at 21:19.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Turns out I had 3.5e extracted in the rulesets folder, but deleted and updated the .paks along with it. That fixed my problem. I didn't notice it was doing this until last night's session and went looking for solutions today. Good suggestions, thanks!

EDIT: For reference, I had 3.3.6A for CoreRPG and D&D 3.5e, before and after updating.

Blog Entries
    Above was caused by an unpacked CoreRPG.
    An unpacked 3.5E has zero impact on a 5E campaign.

The definitions for those CT elements changed names between 3.3.5 and 3.3.6 and they were no longer anchored because of the unpacked ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The users who are having issues - post what versions of the rulesets you're using, as reported by FG in the chat window after loading a campaign. There'll usually be at least two - CoreRPG + another.
    Sorry for the late reply. Using the 5E ruleset, but I tried deleting and updating and that failed

EDIT: ok for shits and giggles I went back to older rulesets from 2 months ago I had backed up on my external and those worked perfectly fine. It seems to be a problem with the new Corerpg.pak and 5E.pak v.3.3.6. If I update the bug comes back. But if i dont update then I cannot use the new updated combat tracker that allows unidentified monsters. https://gyazo.com/d4e7deeb69820d8f2a114829c6d8dc1d <--- in this picture you can see all the tabs seem to overlap, instead of slide down as the next tab is added making it impossible to use the targeting tool in the combat tracker itself. The work around I've been using as annoying as it is... is to left click the PC/NPC I want to select a target for first, then ctrl-click the PC/npc being targeted.

https://gyazo.com/56ac5a36ae62321b2c3a94297323d121 <--- this is what it should look like.

Seems the wizards theme is the issue. If I load any other theme it works fine.
    Last edited by xxxMAULxxx; September 17th, 2018 at 06:11.

Thread Information