Joshua Stream Pre
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    What I went with was this:-
    Code:
    Self/All
    Smite Evil; IFT:CUSTOM(Smite Evil); DMGTYPE: force; IFT:ALIGN(evil); ATK: [CHA]; DMG: [LVL]; IFT:TYPE(dragon, outsider, undead); DMG: [LVL];

Target/All
    Smite Evil; IFT:CUSTOM(Smite Evil); ATK: -2;
    I'll need to update the ATK value in the targetted portion but it accurately mirrors how the rules work.

I'm a happy camper

Blog Entries
    IMO, it's much easier for the DM to just say, your Smite works against this creature, apply your bonus damage, and then to just click the -2 modifier button before attacking the paladin with said creature.

Of course, you can automate it like you detailed, but sometime automation is not easier or quicker

Why do you do add this to smite? Does force overcome all DR in fantasy grounds?

DMGTYPE:force

Quote Originally Posted by Kelevraa View Post
    Why do you do add this to smite? Does force overcome all DR in fantasy grounds?

DMGTYPE:force
    yup, force and spell overcome DR (and other energy types, but they may interfere with RESIST effects etc)

But the post's effect is wrong; without extensions DMGTYPE cannot be used with IFT sadly So, one should rather use the DMGTYPE separately as a one-shot effect before the damage is rolled

Thread Information