Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuggesjoerd View Post
    The components are already here, but we just need to update and clean them up.
    Cleaning up and making it more visible would already do the trick.
    An update to the method to find a game, whether that might be an in platform solution, an update to the calendar, etc, has been discussed and agreed to by SmiteWorks that it is on their list of things to do. But, it is not a priority at this time. Things like FGU and PF Playtest are the current priorities.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There really should be an LFG board built into the client. That's a feature that was clearly overlooked by the developers. They already have the network functionality, but there's no convenient way for players and DMs to find each other. They could also add a feature to instantly match people for one-shots and trial games.

Blog Entries
    I doubt many people would use it. People want to play with people they know and like. People want to play with others who will be there for the whole session and for consecutive sessions. In FPS games where the games only last 30mins they have to build in auto ban routines to ban players for joining games and quitting (for whatever reason). How would you handle that for games that run for 3 or 4 hours?
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSnake View Post
    There really should be an LFG board built into the client. That's a feature that was clearly overlooked by the developers. They already have the network functionality, but there's no convenient way for players and DMs to find each other. They could also add a feature to instantly match people for one-shots and trial games.
    Sounds too much like LFG in Warcraft.

I DM far more than I play in games with FGU. I think the LFG forum for the most part works fine. I’ve never not found players for a game, usually I get too many replies that i literally can’t accept them all or else I’d have ten or twelve players in a game.

The issue IMO has nothing to do with not finding people that want to play it’s finding QUALITY players. I’m not talking about game experience. I’m fine with players that go “but I don’t know the system “ game systems can be taught.

Good personality, people that respect game times and show up far more than they don’t, passion for wanting to play, etc. that stuff is not taught either the person has those qualities and interest or they don’t.

Oh yes players that pay attention are huge as well. I don’t know how any system can weed out the quality players from the ones who are just “goofing around but have no real interest or intention to play a campaign “ is the best I’ll word it.

Thankfully I have really good players some have played in more than one game with me now. But it takes effort you have to ask questions before you join a game or if you are dm before you invite someone.

Yes it’s just a game. But my thing is but it’s several people giving up a block of spare time each week as well , don’t waste it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSnake View Post
    I know other Roll20 has/had one of these. And actually when I was looking into it, it was pretty much the biggest complaint of DMs running games. That the players they got through the system were far more often than desired players they did not want in their games. Not just attendance and commitment issues, but negative play experiences as well. Not all such player, but enough that the common suggest was not to use that and get your players through other means (forums, discord, etc).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Before there were as many Australian players around here I used to advertise on forums outside FG as well.
    I do worry that players who find you just because you are online now will often not have the same goals as you do.

I'm not saying LFG in the FG client should work the same as a PUG for an FPS game. It would be a meeting space that functions exactly as these forums do. Except if it's built into the client more people would use it, instead of searching around for a dozen separate forums or Discord channels. One unified meeting space is better than a bunch of spaces scattered across the internet.

There are not enough DM/GMs to go around. This is not just a Fantasy Grounds issue. No portal, platform, or game system has mastered this particular issue.
    Start Playing and Warhorn were attempts at helping to fill in this gap and still not enough to satisfy everyone at every given moment or needs. Also, it's difficult to tell or suggest that the entire community use the same criteria and match making tool. A built in solution would likely not solve the lack of games. As a GM myself, I hand pick and invite players based on many factors. I rarely create or start a game randomly and just hope and wait for random players. Even one shots and Conventions provide some minor filters and sometimes a pay wall.

How to find games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXK8IZtYUak
    How to find a group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUsE90kSn2o
    How to Advertise Yourself to DMs/Players: https://youtu.be/TX2YavIi7TE

Also one can join the sponsored events, Virtual conventions and other means to play. Even if it is not exactly what you want, you will meet the people running the games and playing, and less likely to be the outside person looking in.
    Last edited by Laerun; January 26th, 2023 at 23:03. Reason: Clarity
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information