STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Problem after Update

I was having issues with script errors relating to portraits and token after the latest update to 3.3.6. So I disabled all the addons and relaunched my campaign as a DM and there are no more script error. When I run fantasy grounds in a second window and connect to the DM instance on the same PC so I can run an npc there, it still loads all the extensions. The contents of the combat tracker are different, and the pcs don't show as connecting to the DM instance in the text box, and when a character is selected, it's picture doesnt show in the upper left corner of the DM instance.

It acts as if the client is connecting to a different instance of Fantasy grounds, but task manager only shows one. I rebooted, and still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

How are you connection the second instance to the first?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, I am connection using 127.0.0.1.

The funny thing is that my players are seeing what I am seeing when connecting to the campaign on my second (NPC) instance. They also see people in the combat tracker even though I have cleared them all out of the DMs instance. The clients are getting weird error messages as well.

I think that I am going to have to recreate the campaign and import data from the old one.

You should connect via localhost on the same computer not the internal IP address. That is used only if you are connecting via a second computer on the same network.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    It sounds like you have two GM instances running. Reboot your computer and see if things then repeat.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah, I was thinking that, but I tried rebooting with the same result. It is just WIERD.

Clear your player cache before connecting - click the "nuke" button in the top right of the "Join Game" screen.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Somehow, when running the Campaign as a DM, it could not see people connecting, characters in game, chats, rolls, etc. All the players could see each others rolls and chats with no problem.

The Fix:
    Uninstall
    Reinstall
    New Data Folder
    move over misc things from old campaign to new
    export everything out of the old campaign and into the new

Now everything seems to be working correctly.

The only question I have is where is the party tab information stored? That didn't come along with the export.

Blog Entries
    Maybe you had an alias that someone else was also using?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information